Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #1
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:
Placenta capsules expiration??

I have read that encapsulated placenta capsules will last indefinitely in the freezer, but I just read that raw placenta capsules will only last a year in freezer versus steamed placenta capsules which will last indefinitely... does anybody have any input??

This is the blurb & the link where I saw it: http://resources.thefeministbreeder.com/labor-birth/postpartum-health-healing/whats-the-deal-with-placenta-encapsulation/

What are the methods to encapsulation?

There are two main methods or recipes for encapsulation, and before hiring a professional, ask which methods they offer so you can choose the one you prefer. Each recipe has pros and cons.

RAW Method: This method delivers the highest potency of the pills because it is not cooked before itís dried, but these pills expire after approximately one year of freezer storage.

Traditional Chinese Medicine Method: This recipe creates a pill that can be stored indefinitely with proper refrigeration, but is less potent than the raw form.

Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Placenta capsules expiration??

Old 05-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #3
Crunchy-Momma2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was just looking into this last night! I really want to do this for our 3rd child, it can help with so many things

http://www.youtube.com/user/LeviandMegan
Crunchy-Momma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ooh good question. Mine are raw and I hope they don't expire. My midwife said I had a gigunda placenta so I have 200 pills. I was planning on saving some for menopause.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy-Momma2 View Post
I was just looking into this last night! I really want to do this for our 3rd child, it can help with so many things
My sister did it & did feel more energy when she used them & is saving the rest she hasn't yet used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evasimone View Post
Ooh good question. Mine are raw and I hope they don't expire. My midwife said I had a gigunda placenta so I have 200 pills. I was planning on saving some for menopause.
Did you have them done or do them yourself?? If you had them done I'd have thought they would have told you if they'd expire.

Curious... w/having a large placenta, did you have a medicated birth or all natural... and did you have any issue w/a retained or delayed placenta?? I ask because mine took a long time to come out... past 2 babies... & they were also large... I had 2 unmedicated homebirths, so just wondering if anybody has experienced it w/a large placenta.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #6
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

My midwife did them and she didn't say anything about them expiring. She said to freeze what I didn't use for menopause.

I had an unmediated homebirth also. My placenta pretty much slid out after 15 minutes or so and I had very little bleeding. I squatted over a bowl if that matters.
Old 05-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
My midwife did them and she didn't say anything about them expiring. She said to freeze what I didn't use for menopause.

I had an unmediated homebirth also. My placenta pretty much slid out after 15 minutes or so and I had very little bleeding. I squatted over a bowl if that matters.
I would have thought she would have mentioned that, especially since she said to save them for menopause.

Okay, there goes my theory w/large placentas! LOL I was squatting, sitting on a potty, etc... I finally had to get 2 shots of pitocin for the placenta... THAT was awful! Overall it took 2 hours even w/the pit.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #8
evasimone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyn4wisechix View Post
I would have thought she would have mentioned that, especially since she said to save them for menopause.

Okay, there goes my theory w/large placentas! LOL I was squatting, sitting on a potty, etc... I finally had to get 2 shots of pitocin for the placenta... THAT was awful! Overall it took 2 hours even w/the pit.
Yeah I figured if they went bad she would have mentioned it...

That's a bummer about your placenta. I was so pooped after labor I would have been really unhappy to deal with all of that. It sounds like your body really wants to hang onto your placentas.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #9
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yeah I figured if they went bad she would have mentioned it...

That's a bummer about your placenta. I was so pooped after labor I would have been really unhappy to deal with all of that. It sounds like your body really wants to hang onto your placentas.
I am going to do mine raw then... I was debating. I meant to do it a few weeks ago, but the place I ordered capsules from never sent them & then my sister had a baby, so I was busy w/her & her new squishy .

Yeah, I honestly thought there HAD to be at least one more if not 2 more babies in there w/the intensity of the pain I felt (I thought they were mistaken... LOL)... I mean it was after DS was born & it was so intense... just because of the PIT & waiting on the placenta because as soon as it finally came out the pain was instantly gone... 2 hours of transition ctx AFTER baby was born = nuts! LOL It was so worth not having to transfer though... so close to one for the placenta.