Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #21
MakingHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help? Advice? Choosing b/w 12 & 15 passenger vans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Cricket~ View Post
We've got a GMC Savanna, 12 passenger. I'm 5'7" and find it quite comfortable to ride and drive. DH is 6'4" and he's happy too. I find it handles quite nicely, drives smoothly, and turns quite well, considering it's size. We test drove the 12 passenger Ford and it was a lot more like driving a tank. Much harder to turn and park, IMO, and ride didn't feel as nice.
Infant seats and carseats forward or rear-facing are no problem. Not all the benches have the latch system, but there are still plenty of options.
It's pretty good on gas, and we love the space! Whenever I look in a minivan or suburban now I can only think "Wow, are you guys squished in there!" I can get a stroller or grocery bins in the back no problem. Not tons of space, but enough.
It might not be as "cool" as a suburban, but it's a whole lot more practical and economical! Good luck with your search!

A 12 passenger savanna? I didn't know they had those. Do you install a 4-seat bench after purchase or what? Does it have to be custom done or do some Savannas come as 12-passenger?

Advertisement

I aim to encourage Christian women at Making Home.
MakingHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #22
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakingHome

A 12 passenger savanna? I didn't know they had those. Do you install a 4-seat bench after purchase or what? Does it have to be custom done or do some Savannas come as 12-passenger?
We also have a 12 passenger GMC Savanna. They aren't custom. The back bench seats 4 and the other two benches seat 3 and then the front two seats. Mine has headrests and shoulder belts in all seats also. We LOVE it.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #23
MakingHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 for now View Post
We also have a 12 passenger GMC Savanna. They aren't custom. The back bench seats 4 and the other two benches seat 3 and then the front two seats. Mine has headrests and shoulder belts in all seats also. We LOVE it.

Are there 2 different lengths/models? The reason I ask we found a savanna listing recently but it only has 8 seats. I'm wondering if its a smaller model or if its just missing the 4seat bench in the back.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #24
7 for now
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakingHome

Are there 2 different lengths/models? The reason I ask we found a savanna listing recently but it only has 8 seats. I'm wondering if its a smaller model or if its just missing the 4seat bench in the back.
I believe the 8 seater one is actually a conversion van. The passenger ones come in 12 and 15 passenger and the 15 passenger is longer than the 12 passenger. Also, the 15 passenger would not ft into our garage.

7 for now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:19 AM   #25
MakingHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 for now View Post
I believe the 8 seater one is actually a conversion van. The passenger ones come in 12 and 15 passenger and the 15 passenger is longer than the 12 passenger. Also, the 15 passenger would not ft into our garage.

Ok thanks!

Old 05-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #26
ummsmiley
Registered Users
seller

I'm very interested in this discussion. We are very crammed in our Ford 8 passenger van and will officially have no extra seats when baby 6 arrives next month. We are looking to upsize but on a very tight budget and worried about gas! How do you go about finding a diesel model?

Sent from my iPad using DS Forumq
ummsmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:18 PM   #27
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

we're getting an NV shortly... I'm curious about how it's going to be
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote