Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #1
kynid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
C Section in just 2 days!

I have been really excited until today. I had a CS with my first after 5 hours of pushing, and we decided to go with a repeat this time for a huge list of reasons. My RCS is this Thursday at 7:30am, and the thing I am freaking out about the most right now is being separated for an hour from the baby (30 mins while they stitch me up, and 30 mins in recovery).

I asked that my family not come until 2 hours after the surgery since I will not want/be able to see them right away anyway, but my sister informed me just yesterday that she will be there at 7:00 to watch me walk into the OR and see the baby in the nursery. Since my doctor was not willing to let me keep baby in OR with me after I get 5 mins to see him, now I feel sad and defensive that my sister will be able to see him through the nursery window while I am left alone in the OR. I am also 100% sure she will be taking pictures of me when I am wheeled out (the OR is right next to the waiting area), and likely post them on Facebook. I asked her to not post pictures of me on Facebook period since the last thing I want to worry about is how I look minutes after surgery, and none of the baby until I got a chance to let other people see him in person first since I don't want them to see him for the first time as a picture on facebook. UGH She agreed to not post the pictures until I approve them, but went on and on about how hard it will be for her.

So anyway, this is just a vent I guess. I can't believe I am spending my last 2 days pregnant stressing out about this stuff. I keep telling myself that she is not trying to be intrusive, but rather supportive and really does mean well. She is SO excited about this baby because I lived in another sate when I had my first son and she didn't even meet him for the first time until he was 11 months. My sister is also the kind of person who wanted everyone she knew IN the delivery room when she delivered. She also had back surgery a year ago and asked me to take pictures of everything and then she posted them ALL of Facebook. I am the opposite, and a very private person. It actually makes me feel better to try and tell myself that I am being unreasonable because if I feel justified in insisting everything be a specific way, then I feel justified in being upset when everything doesn't go the way I had hoped. I guess I just wish that I feel confident that everything will be perfect even if it doesn't happen exactly how I had planned.

Anyone have similar family members? Did everything work out in the end, or was it as bad as I am making it out to be in my head?

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

It isn't up to your Dr as to how long the baby stays in the OR. It's up to the pedi who is in the room. Just talk to the nurses and the pedi an tell them you want him/her to stay until you are done being sewn up. They took my dd back for about 20 minutes and that time in recovery was enough for me to try and sit myself semi upright and get situated and ready to BF. the anesthesia was starting to wear off at that point to so it gave me time to adjust to the jitters.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum most likely while nursing
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Your doctor might not be willing, but that doesn't mean you can't demand it. There's no reason for your baby to be separated from you unless it's an emergency...

On the relative note, I would personally talk to your sister about your feelings; that you are really worried that she'll be taking pictures of you or posting pictures of baby on Facebook and that you want to reiterate how important it is to you that she doesn't do that.
My family all live in the UK so it was no big deal for me... Most of hubby's family didn't live close, but knowing how even tiny things can seem so much bigger when you're pregnant/having/just had baby, I think it's important you make 100% sure your sister (and anyone else) respects your wishes!!

Last edited by ExpatMama1990; 04-16-2013 at 04:23 PM.
ExpatMama1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:14 PM   #4
kynid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: C Section in just 2 days!

Thank you for your replies. I had talked to the nurses at the hospital about it during my non stress test last week, and they both seemed to think there was no reason the baby couldn't stay with me the whole time. Hopefully the Ped will feel the same way. I guess that's why it was so upsetting when my doctor told me today that he didn't think that would be a possibility.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
kynid
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just wanted to update that everything went perfectly! I really could not have asked for better My sister didn't bring her camera from the car, and only went and got it after I was out of recovery and asked me before she took pictures. But the best part is that Baby Max never left my side. My OB was amazing the whole time. He held my hand during the spinal, talked me through everything the during the surgery including telling me my uterus and ovaries looked great, had the anesthesiologist lower the curtain so I could kinda see my son be born (hubby almost passed out LOL), had the nurses move the warming bed so that I could see my son the whole time he was away from me (it is normally near your feet), and told the nurses to not take the baby away unless medically necessary (which they didn't!). Hubby held him near my head as soon as he was cleaned off, and carried him by my bed right to recovery where I nursed him right away. Everything was just wonderful, and I feel amazing for being just 2 days post surgery!

Old 04-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Huge congrats mama! He's adorable!!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
ankc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

beautiful! Congrats!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #8
Marigold319
Registered Users

Gorgeous! Congrats!!
Marigold319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
OctBaby
Registered Users
seller

he is beautiful! I'm so glad things went as you were hoping. great news!!!!
OctBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #10
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

Your story is encouraging and reassuring! I am so glad it went well. Congrats on your handsome man.