Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
confession: I hated breastfeeding but I want to try again

I tried really hard to breastfeed my 1 year old DS but only lasted 2 months. I cried constantly because I had really weird side effects. One of which was a zapping or tingle feeling run all the way from my left breast to behind my left knee. I thought I was crazy until I came across others http://forums.llli.org/showthread.php?97420-Tingling-sensation-in-leg It happened with every suck and made me lose my mind. I also had a weird thing that every time my DS nursed whatever breast he was on was itching so bad I wanted to rip it off. I complained to my husband every day and was terrified that if I quit I would regret it. I loathed every second I had to breastfeed and I finally realized it was not "bonding" time when I counted down the seconds until he'd be off.

I really really really want to breastfeed this baby and I'm praying that I don't have the same side effects. I guess I'm wondering if there is anyone out there that this happened to with one baby and not the next? Is there anything to do to make these symptoms stop if I do have them?

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: confession: I hated breastfeeding but I want to try again

Not the same thing you had, but I did have EXTREME breast tissue sensitivity with my 1st dd. It was really tough. I read up a lot on it and found that extra vitamin E, plus avoiding coffee and sugars helped a lot, plus extra magnesium. (In addition to a really good healthfood store multivitamin.) Anything to soothe the nerves is supposed to help. I did NOT have this recur with babies #3 and #4- so don't lose hope! Also, if it does happen again, find a LLL Leader or lactation consultant who is willing to spend time troubleshooting the issue with you. You can pm me if you'd like a recommendation for a great LLL Leader who is always willing to help out with issues like this!!!

Good luck, friend.
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #3
TobinsTreasures
Registered Users
Formerly: Kelsey***3
seller
seller

My Mood:

no advice but
Old 05-07-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
raymark
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hated breast feeding too but really hope I'll be able to try it again.
raymark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:09 AM   #5
kittenbaby77
Registered Users
seller

*hugs* Have u talked with your doctor regarding the side effect on breastfeeding or contacted your local LLL.
kittenbaby77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #6
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks for the encouragement. Hope I don't have the crazy side effects this time. I believe I tried to talk to lll last time but didn't get through... Just read online. I may be on this forum a lot once baby is here.