Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-15-2013, 07:58 AM   #1
00Pepper
Registered Users

My Mood:
Help with Pricing

I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that I won't be CD'ing. It's a sad day but at least I'm not holding on to something now that's never going to happen!

I want to put my CD "stash" (it's not much of a stash) on CL because I don't want to deal with shipping and stuff but I have NO idea what to price stuff for. I want to be fair but not cheat myself either. Can you all help a girl out? I don't have pics right now so that you can see them but I'll tell you what I have. Even if you can just tell me a general amount to charge. Like should I do a percentage of the price for a new diaper?

My stash:

3 - Soft Bum Echo covers
2 - Fancy Pants Pocket Diapers with inserts (snaps)
2 - Flip Covers (velcro)
1 - Econobum (snaps)

Lots of Soft Bum inserts ranging from the newborn/mini size to the Dry Touch and Super Dry Touch. A few are stained but a handful are BRAND NEW and most are like new.

Advertisement

Last edited by 00Pepper; 05-15-2013 at 08:02 AM.
00Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #2
00Pepper
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Help with Pricing

Okay, I did a little guesstimation on how much I've spent on my little stash and it's somewhere between 200-250. Is it reasonable to ask for 1/2 of that? Is that good, not enough or too much? Also, what works better selling by brand or as a whole lot?

I've never sold anything on Ebay but I'm considering trying it with this. I just hate the shipping part. Has anyone sold on ebay and was it a good/easy experience?
Old 05-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think starting around $100-150 would be fine. Especially if you have lots of SB inserts some new. I think it depends on how good cloth sells if you area. People will either make offers or you can lower the price until it sells.

I sell on ebay all the time, but not diapers. I usually do that here. On ebay I would split up the types of diapers you have. Maybe group the flips and econbum together but nothing else. Ebay you pretty much required to do paypal, and both ebay and paypal take a %. So keep that in mind when pricing (I actually usually put some of the % back in the handing charge of my shipping and handling).
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
00Pepper
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I think starting around $100-150 would be fine. Especially if you have lots of SB inserts some new. I think it depends on how good cloth sells if you area. People will either make offers or you can lower the price until it sells.

I sell on ebay all the time, but not diapers. I usually do that here. On ebay I would split up the types of diapers you have. Maybe group the flips and econbum together but nothing else. Ebay you pretty much required to do paypal, and both ebay and paypal take a %. So keep that in mind when pricing (I actually usually put some of the % back in the handing charge of my shipping and handling).
You have to have a certain amount of posts to sell here right? It's been awhile since I looked at the rules but I seem to remember that. I'm most comfortable with CL so I'll probably give that a shot first. Thanks for the ebay info, how much do they normally take out? I also didn't realize paypal wanted a cut too. That's crazy!
Old 05-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

especially since ebay and paypal are the same company. I really don't remember how much, at ebay there is a flat rate based on the $$ you start it at then a % of the selling pricing (I think to encourage starting at a low price). Paypal is also a flate rate and a %. It's listed in there help sections.

Not sure about here. I've been a member for over 3 years. They didn't have any of these rules back then.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #6
jessnye
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The only problem with selling on Cl is that people try to lowball you and aren't willing to pay much. Spots Corner is a good place to sell, and people pay quite a bit on ebay, so even after fees and shipping you'll make more than selling on CL.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:06 AM   #7
jenner0280
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ebay has free listing now, which is good because if you want you can list the item for the lowest price you are willing to take without a fee. However, it might not sell at a high starting bid but at least you can see if you can get what you want.

Also, Ebay takes about 9% of whatever total the auction ends at (that includes shipping). Paypay is then I believe 30 cents per transaction plus I think another 1% of the total. Plan on giving up, approximately 10% of whatever you make.

I would try Craigslist first and if that doesn't work after about a month I would try selling diapers here or on Ebay. If you do sell online be sure you figure out the weight and shipping costs before listing because shipping can get expensive. Craigslist might surprise you. I guess it depends on your community. I've actually driven a ridiculous distance to pick up a great stash on Craigslist...I know I'm not the only one.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #8
flylady0505
Registered Users
seller

Hi cloth diaper trader is a good place to sell I just sold a few fuzzi bunz it's free to use. Just sign up simple.
flylady0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #9
meljc
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've had really good success with the brand-specific facebook b/s/t groups. I'm sure the softbums group is particularly active. Since most of you money is probably in the softbums, I would post those covers and inserts as a lot on facebook (with photos and full info). Then start looking through the ISOs that people in the group have posted and PM people until you find a buyer. You could sell the bumgenius products through their b/s/t group as well -- if priced appropriately (check out the Earth Week sale prices for reasonable levels) these should sell fast and be pretty inexpensive to ship together. I'm not sure about the Fancy pants.
meljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:04 AM   #10
laineypaige
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just PMd you