Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
Made of Fleece
Registered Users
Formerly: cidcatrichards
seller

DD's poop pattern changed since potty learning

DD is 2 years 6 months, and it took us 4 days to potty learn. She is consisitently peeing exclusively in the potty with no accidents for one week now. However, I'm concerned about her bowel movements. before using the potty, she pooped 1-2 times a day. since leaving diapers, she is pooping at most once every 2 days. she doesn't strain when she does (not yet at least), but i'm concerned she's holding it in but i'm not sure why. i can hear and smell her farts and i know when she refuses to eat her favorite foods that her gut is full and i talk to her every day about how important it is to push the poo poo out and it's not good to hold it inside her bum,etc. and i give her plenty of opportunity to sit and push after her meals. her diet has enough fiber and fluids. if the every other day were her normal pooping rate, i wouldn't worry. is this cause to go back to diapers? - don't want to do this because she's had such success with peeing. do I give her some colace? do i ask her to sit on the potty longer? please advise.

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #2
fostermommyJ
Registered Users

Re: DD's poop pattern changed since potty learning

If it were me, I would load her up with prune juice, flax oil, etc. make her stool so loose that she can't hold it. If you do that for a few days, she should get more comfortable going on the potty and then won't hold it as much.
fostermommyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 PM   #3
DallasK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DD's poop pattern changed since potty learning

My ds did the exact same thing, we pl'd right at 2. He ended up in the hospital because he got so backed up (he only went two days without a bm) he began to vomit in his sleep. After that ped had us give him a small amount miralax in his juice every morning until he got used to going daily in the potty.