Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #381
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
29 weeks today and gearing up for summer fun. Next Tuesday is the last day of school. Then we've got vbs the following week.

I'm really hoping summer flies by

***I know how to write, my iPod does not***

Advertisement

Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:32 PM   #382
fishingfor5
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy After Loss (April)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
Tori - I understand your anxiety. I didn't see my Dr at all until 18 weeks with Piper's pregnancy. I knew there was nothing they really would do, and I would have gone if anything seemed wrong/off with me.
Thank you. I just can't seem to come to a decision about calling. Part of me wants to have them get me in to do a U/S and see how things are going and the other is scared to death to do it. I am so angry about being so scared with every pregnancy. I just want to enjoy my baby!
Blessings from -Tori (42)wife to the amazing Dan(41) for 21yrs. Mom to the Fab 5, DS22, DS18, DS12, DD10, and DD2 Homeschooling, BFing, new to CDing, Not so good at Vaxing, SAHM 5 ^0^ resting with the Father till we meet again Joyfully snuggling our newest son born February 9 2014.
fishingfor5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:09 PM   #383
momto2princesses
Registered Users

I had a bit of a scare this morning. 32w1d and I started bleeding this morning...not a ton, but enough to freak me out. I've never bled this late in a pregnancy before. Midwife sent me to L&D....long story short, everything is fine, I'm not dilated, no issues with the placenta. Got to peek at little girl (which was fun since the last time I saw her was at 20w ultrasound)....she was playing with her feet and kicked herself in the face! Little stinker is mainly head down, but a little oblique (her head is over towards my L hip a bit) and has both her feet and hands right down by her head...looks like this will be a crazy little one, just like my 3 year old who was breech with a triple nuchal cord until 37 weeks, and somehow managed to completely untangle herself and flip headdown at that point.

Ok...enough rambling.

Deanna, I totally agree that things seem to be slowing down now. I'm thinking....8 more weeks? are you kidding me? :-)
Old 06-15-2013, 09:05 AM   #384
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingfor5 View Post
I am so angry about being so scared with every pregnancy. I just want to enjoy my baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2princesses View Post
I had a bit of a scare this morning. 32w1d and I started bleeding this morning...not a ton, but enough to freak me out. I've never bled this late in a pregnancy before.
Thank goodness everything is fine. FWIW, I had bleeding at 30 weeks with my girl pregnancies, but none at all with my boys. Odd.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #385
cormama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm cautiously joining you ladies since I got my BFP yesterday. I'm 4 weeks 1 day (due Feb 21) and will go next week for blood work to see how my numbers are progressing. My last loss was a blighted ovum at 6 weeks in January and I'm absolutely not telling anyone (even family) until I know the pregnancy is going well. Bloated already :/ like every other pregnancy I've had.
Old 06-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #386
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormama View Post
I'm cautiously joining you ladies since I got my BFP yesterday.
Congrats and
I totally understand about not telling anyone. We only told MIL at 7 weeks, then everyone else was told when they were brave enough to ask about my belly.
I didn't tell my own parents (they live on the east coast, we're in the prairies, and we wouldn't see them while I was pregnant) until Piper was born!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 05:52 AM   #387
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

K I have to come vent here because you ladies will get it. I am trying to wean off my oloft, I've gone from 75mg to 50, I really want to get off of it completely before I have this baby, but I just don't know if it is going to be possible for me. I 'm already having trouble sleeping and with panic in the mornings. so I don't know that I'll be able to go any lower on my dose. Anyway, I am just so stinking paranoid still. I really hoped I'd be able to calm down by now, but I wake up in the mornings just so worried about this baby. I even am reasonably sure I felt the baby move last night, I'm 14 weeks, but still I worry. My belly seems significantly smaller today and yesterday than it has before. I worry that it could be a sign that something is wrong. I thought I'd show super fast since this is my 3rd pregnancy, but I guess it has been more than 7 years since my last one so maybe that makes a difference? I don't know, just looking for reassurance that things are ok. I just really want to enjoy this pregnancy, but I worry about everythign from genetic disorders to spina bifida and on and on. I am worried that that worry is going to spilll over to when I have th ebaby and then I'm going to be paranoid that something will happen to the baby. Ugh, I just want to escape this anxiety.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #388
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm so sorry you are dealing with the anxiety.

Do you have access to a Doppler. I know that the first half of this pregnancy I'd use the Doppler any time the anxiety set in (some times it was daily).

As far as the tummy looking smaller. Do you have a soft tape measurer? You can measure your girth daily. But remember you belly gets bigger as the day goes on thanks to gravity.

Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:24 AM   #389
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
30 weeks today .... 3/4 of the way done

Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #390
Three Little Monkeys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc
K I have to come vent here because you ladies will get it. I am trying to wean off my oloft, I've gone from 75mg to 50, I really want to get off of it completely before I have this baby, but I just don't know if it is going to be possible for me. I 'm already having trouble sleeping and with panic in the mornings. so I don't know that I'll be able to go any lower on my dose. Anyway, I am just so stinking paranoid still. I really hoped I'd be able to calm down by now, but I wake up in the mornings just so worried about this baby. I even am reasonably sure I felt the baby move last night, I'm 14 weeks, but still I worry. My belly seems significantly smaller today and yesterday than it has before. I worry that it could be a sign that something is wrong. I thought I'd show super fast since this is my 3rd pregnancy, but I guess it has been more than 7 years since my last one so maybe that makes a difference? I don't know, just looking for reassurance that things are ok. I just really want to enjoy this pregnancy, but I worry about everythign from genetic disorders to spina bifida and on and on. I am worried that that worry is going to spilll over to when I have th ebaby and then I'm going to be paranoid that something will happen to the baby. Ugh, I just want to escape this anxiety.
I don't post here often but I wanted you to know you are not alone! With the pregnancy before this one I was a mess. We had four miscarriages before it and the anxiety and panic that set in daily was crazy. I bought a doppler at 14 weeks because I just couldn't handle not knowing. I used it almost daily for several weeks. I did find that some of the anxiety lessened after our 20 week u/s but then my crazy brain set in again and had me convinced that something was wrong with her legs because she wasn't much of a kicker. I worried so much. In the end all was fine and she is now a healthy 19 month old. I didn't worry anymore about her after she was here than I did with my other newborns (which is probably more than most people) and now I'm very unexpectedly expecting a little boy in October! The anxiety has been much better this time and I was able to make it through the first trimester without buying another doppler!

That doppler was the best $50 in have even spent! It saved my sanity daily. After I started feeling regular movement I used once a week or so and right before OB appointments just to help my blood pressure stay down before hand. Hang in there!

Not to crunchy...just a little crispy on the edges
Three Little Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote