Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2013, 06:14 AM   #21
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Subchorionic Hemmorage

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
They haven'e been super specific about whether mine were under the placentas or not...one of the SCHs is right between the babies...their caution was that if it grew larger it could compromise either or both placentas. The other, larger bleed is a little odd. It's primarily anterior, but kind of wraps around & the u/s shows some bleeding wrapped around to the posterior as well. Baby B's placenta it at the top of my uterus, primarily posterior, but does wrap around a bit to the top & anterior. There is a small amount of overlap, I could see it on the u/s, but there was no indication that it had compromised blood to the placenta.

I have another u/s today, so fx for good news!
good luck!!!

Advertisement

Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #22
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Another Update:

I spoke to the OB today about what they found yesterday. She said there is the origional bleed that looks old and like its going away (yay!), and what they see under the placenta, her and the radiologist reviewed the pics and said it is tiny and they dont feel its super significant and almost looks "cyst-y" but they arent 100% sure either way if its a clot or just fluid.

I voiced my concerns about it being under a portion of the placenta, and she said there is a good chance it will just reabsorb. Im really hoping that A) it doesnt get bigger and B) it just goes away.

Im terrified it will hinder the proper nutrients getting to the baby once the yolk sac is gone or that it will cause the placenta to pull too much away from the uterus...and the baby will die

I was really hoping she could just totally ease my fears and to a degree she did, but Im still really nervous about it.

If its "tiny"... once the placenta takes over, if it is still there but only under a small portion, will the placenta still keep the baby alive?

Last edited by swrlgrl105; 06-13-2013 at 01:19 PM.
swrlgrl105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #23
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Carrie, how did your US go?
Old 06-13-2013, 02:58 PM   #24
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Ob had a sonographer out, so I had to go to the imaging center downstairs, so it took a while to get the radiologist's report. Both bleeds are smaller (yay!), but they won't give me a return to work note until it resolves Next appointment is 2 wks from tomorrow.

I'm going crazy at home by myself & my sick time runs out this week :/
Old 06-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #25
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well yay for smaller!! But totally sucks you are stuck home with no sick time boo! I shoukd be getting another u/s in about 3 weeks so i guess now we both just bide our time...ugh i hate waiting
Old 06-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #26
kaireece
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Try not to stress mama!

I had a large bleed with my second pregnancy - all ended well. Healthy normal sized baby. I did look at my placenta cause I was curious if it would show anything, and it looked to me as if about a third of it was 'dead'. Grey in color - very different from the rest of the placenta. Trust in your body! I have another bleed this pregnancy (4th) and so far so good - but I understand your feeling of nervousness.

ISO: restraint.
kaireece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:12 AM   #27
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaireece View Post
Try not to stress mama!

I had a large bleed with my second pregnancy - all ended well. Healthy normal sized baby. I did look at my placenta cause I was curious if it would show anything, and it looked to me as if about a third of it was 'dead'. Grey in color - very different from the rest of the placenta. Trust in your body! I have another bleed this pregnancy (4th) and so far so good - but I understand your feeling of nervousness.
Thank you so much for that...that really did help me feel better! So glad everything turn out well and congrats!!
Old 06-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #28
Story&Addi'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

At 13 weeks pregnant I had a severe hemorrhage. The ER doctor confirmed my water had broke and was unable to locate the heartbeat/baby with 2 different dopplers and a bedside ultrasound (although earlier that day I had an OB appointment and all was well). My OB, who is a family friend, came to take me to radiology for an u/s to decide if I would need a D&C. They found 2 spots of bleeding- one was under my placenta and the other was in front of my cervix. They also found a very happy and well baby! I have never cried so hard in my entire life.

I was put on bed rest for a week and went for an appointment to confirm that she had survived the worst- and of course my little trooper did. I was then released from bed rest, but I did continue to bleed for 8 weeks. Sometimes it was brown and sometimes it was red. If it was brown it was okay because it signaled "old blood"; when red I had to keep a close eye on the amount and if it became heavier than a period I had to go in and get checked out.

The spot under my placenta had healed by 20 weeks. The spot on top of my cervix was still present up until 28 weeks and then at an u/s at 37 weeks it had dissolved. I delivered a healthy baby girl at 37 weeks on April 19, 2013. Hang in there mama. I know it can be scary and hard at times to keep seeing blood while pregnant but just take it easy and enjoy every moment.
Story&Addi'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:53 PM   #29
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Omg that is soooooo scary!! So glad everything worked out ok!! I love being pregnant buy hate that im scared all yhe darn time!!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:08 AM   #30
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went to the ER at 11 weeks with heavy bleeding and had had a hemorrhage. I was put on strict bedrest and pelvic rest, I had an ultrasound the next week and the clot was a bit smaller and by 16 weeks it was gone. I would take bedrest seriously and just relax. My Dr said loosing the clot was a good thing so it could begin to heal rather than keep getting bigger but it is still very scary, good luck.