Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-15-2013, 06:56 AM   #91
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Seriously, if you're going to wear a skirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Lol I think I need to pay attention more or get out more bc I have never seen these people!
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonenonlymrssmith View Post
If you're staring at my legs hard enough to see through my skirt, please look up! My eyes are up here!
Good one!

I have a slip but at 33 weeks pregnant, it may fit around one of my legs!

Sorry, I am more offended by the pants around the bottom of the underwear line (how does that stay up??), or the other things I see like that. Like REALLY obese women in mini skirts! Seeing something through a skirt that wasn't clearly intentional I don't care about. Then again with a 4 year old in tow everywhere, I am not looking at you, I dealing with more important things.

Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #92
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
My phone won't let me quote right now but Carrie go with maternity in the next size. Just bigger doesn't fit over your stomach in the right way and then the bust and straps are off too.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:06 AM   #93
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38

I guess that's the thing...you never can tell who's walking behind you. Could be a dirty old man, a horny teen, a lecherous queer woman, or a sex offender.

Again, if it doesn't bother you, it doesn't bother me...just know that I will probably look, at which point it's a cross between a train wreck I can't look away from & the sister code where I wonder, "Does she know? Should I tell her? I don't even know her..."

I bought a knee-length skirt at Old Navy last summer. It definitely needs a slip under it. And believe it or not, when I wore it with the slip underneath, I had a female colleague compliment me on the fact that I had thought of a slip. "So many people don't think about what is appropriate in the workplace", she said. FWIW, I work in a public elementary school.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:37 AM   #94
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post

I guess it's b/c I'm older than a good portion of the folks on here...it was always just part of the undergarments when wearing a dress or skirt & I kind of feel "naughty" if I'm not wearing one I never thought of my mother as particularly conservative or "proper" (in general, I think of my family as a bit on the trashy side), and she seldom wore skirts or dresses, but she clearly impressed upon me that slips were necessary...I'm actually surprised at just how appalled I am at the idea of *not* wearing slips
Idk, I'm 42 and the only way I would ever wear a slip is as a skirt itself! I grew up with a prim, proper mom who didn't let me wear pants but one day a week to school. The concession to modesty I give is wearing boxer briefs or undies. And I only do that because I have two little ones who grab at my skirt and might pull it down or up. My skirts aren't see thru
Old 06-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #95
stacieandtheboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett's mommy
Where do you guys live with all these floosie women with see through clothes and vaginas on display? Either people don't dress like that here or I'm seriously not as observant as I think I am.
We were in Plano,tx at a cousins high school graduation.
Stacie, Wife to Robert, Mama to Jacob Dominic Luke and baby boy #4 coming May 2014
stacieandtheboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:17 AM   #96
mommy2kaitlyn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieandtheboys View Post

We were in Plano,tx at a cousins high school graduation.
That explains it! Not sure I would wear a slip in TX heat and humidity for even 1 million dollars! I did for my aunts funeral at 17. Never again!!

Sent using my Samsung Galaxy II that thinks it is smarter then me.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:23 AM   #97
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Why must we always blame Texas?

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #98
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Slips are so itchy. I have one that my mom gave me and it's probably from the 90s. I do have 2 dresses where it's necessary but it's like the same length and shows! Argh.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 06-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #99
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam's mum
Flesh-coloured underwear for vaguely see through bottoms and skirts. No extra layers needed! The silhouette of your legs will be visible, but so what? They would be in a pair of trousers anyway.
And yeah that!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 06-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #100
Ellasundies
Registered Users

I think the last time I worse a slip was when I was 5. They seem a little silly to me. I hate buying see through material anyway. Usually it's so flimsy it soon breaks. Seems like a waste of money to me. As for panty lines.... I thought that was what thongs were for???
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote