Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2013, 10:19 PM   #1
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Does this exist...?

This may be a silly question - I don't frequent the BW forums and am really only a novice so forgive me in advance.

Are there carrier/wrap/sling options that are like a woven wrap but that come with rings aren't sewn in? So you could decide to use it as a wrap or a ring sling?

That would be my dream carrier/whatever - but i wasn't sure if it was a thing or what it would be called.

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #2
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yes!

It's a woven wrap! Then just buy yourself some rings and tada!

http://www.slingrings.com/nosew.php
Old 06-14-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot
Yes!

It's a woven wrap! Then just buy yourself some rings and tada!

http://www.slingrings.com/nosew.php
Thanks!!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Your welcome!

I actually just looked this up yesterday!
Old 06-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #5
Leaner
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Does this exist...?

A rebozo! http://nurturingacrosscultures.org/u...-as-1-2-3.html no need to buy rings you just tie it! I love mine and use it quite often!
Leaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
saturn
Registered Users

Re: Does this exist...?

A rebozo knot can be used to convert a wrap to something similar to a ring sling (although you adjust them differently). Or you can buy sling rings and thread the wrap through them to make a no-sew ring sling. The one thing to keep in mind is that ring slings are typically about 2 meters long, and a typical shorty is 2.7 meters. So even a short wrap will become a very long ring sling - and a size 6 wrap will be completely impractical as a ring sling. If you are wanting to use a wrap as a ring sling, you will need to get a short wrap, which means you won't be able to do all the carries that you could with a long wrap. (Short wraps are still very versatile-just pointing this out since you are new to babywearing.)
saturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #7
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn
A rebozo knot can be used to convert a wrap to something similar to a ring sling (although you adjust them differently). Or you can buy sling rings and thread the wrap through them to make a no-sew ring sling. The one thing to keep in mind is that ring slings are typically about 2 meters long, and a typical shorty is 2.7 meters. So even a short wrap will become a very long ring sling - and a size 6 wrap will be completely impractical as a ring sling. If you are wanting to use a wrap as a ring sling, you will need to get a short wrap, which means you won't be able to do all the carries that you could with a long wrap. (Short wraps are still very versatile-just pointing this out since you are new to babywearing.)
Thank you! That is helpful. I was thinking I'd try to minimize my "carrier collection" down to one, but you make a good point. Right now I have an awesome mama-made ring sling and an ergo carrier. I've been curious to try a wrap so I can do the back carries and fun looking stuff. So it sounds like I should just keep what I have AND get an enconomical wrap. I'm plus size (20W) so ill probably need a pretty long one. Any suggestions?
Old 06-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #8
TalkinBoutMyGirl
~Love~
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Even if you use a long wrap as a rebozo you can tuck the tail or wrap it around your waist.