Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #31
AfricanQueen99
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: June Decluttering & Simplifying Thread

I did day 3 (cupboards with cooking items) and day 7 (cookbooks) today. 16 items to donate, 3 items trashed.

The kitchen is über easy for me since I'm not a fan of cooking. I also wonder why there's not a day devoted to pantry and cooking needs. I guess it falls under day 6 (other), but between the pantry and the fridge/freezer, there's a lot to cover.

My donation boxes in the garage are filling (I had two Hefty bags full of clothes and a full box before starting this challenge) and I love it!!

Advertisement

AfricanQueen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #32
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanQueen99 View Post
I did day 3 (cupboards with cooking items) and day 7 (cookbooks) today. 16 items to donate, 3 items trashed.

The kitchen is über easy for me since I'm not a fan of cooking. I also wonder why there's not a day devoted to pantry and cooking needs. I guess it falls under day 6 (other), but between the pantry and the fridge/freezer, there's a lot to cover.

My donation boxes in the garage are filling (I had two Hefty bags full of clothes and a full box before starting this challenge) and I love it!!
I ended up doing the pantry on the weekend. I was all gung ho and sort of sad that there weekend didn't have any challenges. I'm using them for catch up and if I have an area that's related, but not covered.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:03 AM   #33
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Just went through children's artwork and important papers. I'll probably have more to go thru by the time we get to those days, though. Must file away what is left now, then maybe I can take a peek at my kitchen cabinets.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #34
hezdwoody
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMamaKaty View Post
Ok, pick out your two highest $ value things. Take a couple decent pictures. List! Here, CL, Ebay, wherever. You have to - I'm making you.
It's going to get listed tonight, at least that's my goal!
I did bust a shelf out of one of our kitchen cabinets. There was nothing in that section of cabinet. I am thinking I can use this to put recycling bins in. Got rid of two large spoons....we'll see what else I can get to today.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:04 PM   #35
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Day 3: "Kitchen cupboards- All cupboards with cooking items (pots, pans, casserole dishes, baking trays or pans) as well as small appliances (blenders, food processors, toaster ovens, etc.)."

Didn't get rid of much today. I mostly feel like we're at a good amount of all of this stuff. I did take set aside 2 pans that I'm going to put outside (I'm making a digging garden for kids out there), so those are at least out of the kitchen (and will get tossed this fall). I got rid of a toy dinosaur from on top of the fridge, and a sunglasses case from the counter (don't need 2!).

I also went through coupons and trashed a bunch... although that's more of a Day 4 task because they're in a kitchen drawer.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #36
mama_to_DJM
Registered Users

I've had fun working on this this afternoon! I did days #1-5. Not exactly following the rules, but I was on a roll!

Here's a picture of day #1- silverware drawer. I also wiped out the inside of the drawer.

This is a combination of #1 and 2, because my utensils and storage containers share a drawer. It was fun matching up lids & containers and tossing ones without a match!

This is days 2 and 3, the kitchen cabinets. I clean these out every so often, so I was surprised I found this much to get rid of!! The yellow napkins on the right side are from our wedding... 11 years ago. If they haven't been used since then, it's time to go!

Most of the stuff I decluttered is going in the trash, but some are going in a thrift store box.

My cooking blog- http://michellesnewrecipes.blogspot.com/
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:33 AM   #37
I_am_Blessed
Registered Users
Formerly: Beth's_Mommy
seller
seller

I haven't followed the challenge, but DD and DS2 had birthdays on the 1st and 8th of the month, so grandparents/family sent many, many gifts. I have been focusing on that along with big stuff around the house.

I sold a carseat, buffet table, kids table, and am selling our stroller today. All I have left I want to sell is a child's size desk that I am going to donate if I can't get it out this week.

I donated 3-4 bags of clothing/kitchen stuff, and have 1 plastic bin of stuff listed on ebay/craigslist. I also have a plastic bin about 3/4 full to take to a local kids resale shop soon.

DH and I are hoping to move soon (we've been hoping for a while, but I feel like it's getting really close now), so I am trying to get all our ducks in a row so a move would be as simple as possible.

Mama to 3, soon-to-be-4

I_am_Blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #38
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did what I could before I left. As I was packing for vacation I did the closet a little more. Found 15 clothing items to get rid of. It's not much but it's better than leaving them there until I get back.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:10 PM   #39
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Jumping in!! Sold our dryer today Also sold some old horse tack, too. Bit by bit (although I didn't sell any of those, lol).
Old 06-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #40
wordbox
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadmare View Post
Jumping in!! Sold our dryer today Also sold some old horse tack, too. Bit by bit (although I didn't sell any of those, lol).
haha... I need to sell the rest of my tack and riding stuff. I used to ride and have held on to way too much. Last summer I went through my remaining tote full of stuff and parted with quite a bit, but wasn't feeling ready to get rid of everything. Since then, I've grown a bit in my ability to purge and am ready to get rid of most of the rest of it. I just need to find the time and motivation to go through it all again. It isn't bothering anything in the basement right now, and at least I weeded through it quite a bit already. I know that if/when I ride again, I'll want to get some nice new stuff anyway. And it's not like my helmet will be safe anymore.

I purged 2,920 items in 2012 and 2,014 items in 2013.
2,014 items in 2014?
wordbox is offline   Reply With Quote