Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2013, 01:46 AM   #11
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Egg recipes?

We go through a lot of eggs. Scrambled eggs, different types of quiche (spinach & mushrooms being the most common one I do and my husband likes it with feta cheese), recipes with coconut flour tend to use a lot of egg...just made a "paleo" banana bread recipe that was delicious!

I was curious how something would turn out so I actually just made a chocolate honey egg "quiche" dish with 4 eggs. It wasn't too bad. lol You can use eggs for making patties or holding things like bean burgers together.

Also used to make creme brulee with egg yolks and coconut macaroons with egg whites which can take up a lot of eggs depending on how much you make.

And sometimes I'll make egg pizzas, using a scrambled egg cooked on a small skillet for the pizza "crust", or 3 eggs cooked on a pie dish and then cut into slices. Can also be used as a wrap.

That's a great deal btw! Wish we could find eggs we trusted were that good for that price!

Advertisement

mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #12
sublime.mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I finally tried baking an egg in an avocado recently. Had to scoop out a little to make room, but it was delish!
Kids'll eat just about any veggie in quiche so thats one I like to do. Crust made with leftover bacon fat is aaah may zing!

Old 07-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #13
betsybikes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Egg pie is my very favorite!! It's like a crust less quiche or breakfast casserole.

Layer meat on a greased 9x13 or square Pyrex. Add egg mix. Top with other half of cheese and bake for 425 for 30 minutes.

Meats: 12 sliced bacon, cut up or 1c sausage or 1 c cubed ham

Egg mix: 9 eggs, 1 c milk, 1 c bisquick 1 cheddar cheese

I use this recipe as a base and make all sorts of combos. Ham and Swiss. Spinach, tomatoes, and mozzerella. Chorizo with Mexican blend cheese, whatever diced veggies you have on hand, whatever cheese sounds good.

Love it!

My mixed lot listed here:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...1#post17149541
betsybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #14
Newton
Registered Users

Quiche or italian eggs (poached in a tomato sauce and served over polenta) or breakfast casserole or pavlova (egg whites) and lemon curd (yolks) or make meringue cookies