Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #11
bamababies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: to go breakfasts for toddler/4 yr old

I know you said you don't want them to have pancakes...but you can make them healthly....Oatmeal pancakes, Sweet Potato pancakes, slice up a banana (diagonal makes them longer) then dip into pancake batter and fry it up...makes cute little pancake bites (my kids love these).

Other ideas:

Sausage Egg and Cheese Cups

put sausage or bacon into a sprayed muffin pan, top with cheese then pour on egg (I use egg beaters) then bake at 350 for 10min or so...you can also squish a canned biscuit into the bottom on the muffin pan before adding the meat, cheese and eggs.

Muffins are great on the go meals: Bran Muffins, Applesauce muffins, Blueberry muffins, Chocolate chip muffins.

Make a breakfast pizza...same concept as the cups just use pizza dough instead of biscuits, top with whatever you like and bake. Then cut into squares and your good to go (my husband takes this and the cups for B'fast all the time)

Homemade Poptarts, granola, banana nut bread, zucchini bread, breakfast shakes or smoothies, blueberry turnovers (you can add any kind of fruit you like to these or even add egg for a change up), english muffins or biscuits with egg/cheese or meat (this can be made the night before then popped into the mickey or toaster oven next morning), egg sandwich....HTH!

Advertisement

My gone but not forgotten ^i^ DS T (9/06)
bamababies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:36 AM   #12
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pancakes can be made in batches, frozen, and pulled out individually, if that helps.

Poached eggs in batches are easy. Oatmeal can be made in batches too.

When does breakfast get eaten, is it early enough that he can eat the pb&j in the car on the way there?

Breakfast doesn't have to be breakfast food if you don't want it to be.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #13
Teddyandnick
Registered Users
seller
seller

My boys love muffins. I do big batches of pumpkin, banana, and zucchini mini muffins and throw them in the freezer. I also have pancakes in the freezer. They love hard boiled eggs. I also do crustless mini quiches with spinach. You can always throw together some yogurt with granola. Or even just yogurt in a sili squeeze. Bananas are easy to grab too.
Teddyandnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #14
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You got great advice... If you want to keep pb&j try using sunbutter instead. It's pricier but nut-free.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #15
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

You can make your own sunny butter yourself and it's CHEAP!! It's just sunflower seeds, toasted, with some oil and cinnamon and honey zizzed up in a food processor. It keeps in the fridge forever, so once it's done, it's done. It's tasty.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #16
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly dolly View Post
You got great advice... If you want to keep pb&j try using sunbutter instead. It's pricier but nut-free.
Or Tahini. My youngest doesn't love it but my oldest prefers it especially on apple slices and the heavier whole grain breads I make. It also isn't a bad price.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #17
pagetm
Registered Users
seller

Fresh fruit is nature's own convenience food, and my kids love it. We also do cheese sticks and sometimes homemade biscuits from the day before.
pagetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #18
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pumpkin muffins, baked oatmeal, fruit & yogurt parfaits, refrigerator oatmeal.you can also try no traditional things! Some kiddos don't mind having fried rice, or soup for breakfast!
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote