Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #221
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 13 June 17- 23rd weekly chat

Aww Missy! hope you get some down time today!

At least today I'm making a Hawaiian based meal this am, with the meat in the crockpot. Going to get the side dishes made now so my afternoon is free'd up . mil and gma are coming over for dinner too. Still have to make the meatballs. oy! and lots of them! But I won't have to do it tomorrow.

Advertisement

Old 06-22-2013, 07:49 AM   #222
Mrs.Os
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you're still working on diapers I'd say boil the new ones so you don't have to wash them 10 times, a squirt of blue dawn and a good dry before running them through the wash should do the trick... 15 minutes ish? For diapers you want to sanitize run on hot with a bit of tea tree oil and just wash and make sure they're rinsed well... Bleach can tear things up a bit... But if you're a bleach lover go for it, just once won't probably kill them. If you hang it all out in the sun they'll get extra clean, then a couple minutes in the dryer to fluff up a bit then you're golden
I've gotta go through and lanolize wool as well... Crazy mess it is right now...
Mrs.Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #223
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Os
If you're still working on diapers I'd say boil the new ones so you don't have to wash them 10 times, a squirt of blue dawn and a good dry before running them through the wash should do the trick... 15 minutes ish? For diapers you want to sanitize run on hot with a bit of tea tree oil and just wash and make sure they're rinsed well... Bleach can tear things up a bit... But if you're a bleach lover go for it, just once won't probably kill them. If you hang it all out in the sun they'll get extra clean, then a couple minutes in the dryer to fluff up a bit then you're golden
I've gotta go through and lanolize wool as well... Crazy mess it is right now...
So boil the prefolds 15min, wring out, and dry in dryer?
Can I put all of the other used and new aios and fitteds together on a hot wash with the tto? Or separate them by new/used/style?
Do I need to unsnap/unvelcro everything or just throw them in as is?
Do I use any detergent or just tto or bleach and water?
Old 06-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #224
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We don't have any plans either. C is working next Saturday so he's off this Monday. We only need to go to the grocery store at some point to get ready for next weeks bedrest. I'm going to get a motorized scooter I guess I would just let him go, but the man can't follow a list and I don't want to be trying to patch a meal together because he forgot something.
I forced myself to sleep until 8:30 and my back is angry at me. That's about it for me. Folding bitty clothes and prepping diapers is all I'm doing today. In the bed of course. -_-
Old 06-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #225
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not much going on right now. Dhs at work and the kids are still sleeping (8:15).

I so dread getting up in the middle of the night to pee, I try to avoid it at all cost

***I know how to write, my iPod does not***
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #226
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Vanessa- have fun!

Missy-

Dani- my prepping is 15 minutes boil with squirt of dawn. Throw everything (including the water) into the washer. Wash on hot (we have a sanitize cycle). As far as washing new with old. I personally would was the used diapers by themselves on a sanitize cycle. And then maybe wash them again with the new ones.

Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 06-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #227
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ugh! ds was up so early this am that I HAD to put him down already (10:15 here)!!!! No pool time for us today. I know tech would could go right now, but I'm already in cooking mode and won't let the girls stay out by themselves... I did get my mac salad made, and getting ready to make the meatballs. I'll make the slaw while those are in the oven.

Man, I guess I've been on my feet too long already bc I'm having trouble catching mg breath while standing. Grr

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 06-22-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #228
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Whew! I'm almost finished washing/drying/folding clothes and prepping diapers. It's been a long morning of one step, sit, next step, sit, etc. It will feel nice to have it all ready though jic and I can finally mark some more things off my list!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #229
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Feeling "off" this morning

Weird pain (not contraction) down low and ... Tmi... Icky poo

Now I feel like I need to throw up.

Ate nothing off this morning so don't know what's going on.

Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 06-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #230
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow you mamas were chatty yesterday when I didn't get on here!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
Whew! I'm almost finished washing/drying/folding clothes and prepping diapers. It's been a long morning of one step, sit, next step, sit, etc. It will feel nice to have it all ready though jic and I can finally mark some more things off my list!

This is me everyday. Clean for a few min and then sit. Make lunch...then sit. Oh, and Dani.....I agree with Erica. Just make those longies so that both of the girls will have something that matches. The pink trim on one and the purple on the other is very cute. You can always make them matching bloomers later.

Amber & Erica - Wow at the wool! I'm still working on a few things right now, so I'll take a pic of my wool stash in a few weeks. It's slowly growing though. Didn't use much wool at all (only 2 or 3 pieces) with the last babies, so I'm having to slowly build my wool stash. Right now I'm working on a very fun and bright nb skirty. Planning on knitting up a quick headband to match.

AFM: Yesterday was DH and my 5th anniversary. I was planning on getting on here yesterday afternoon, but he surprised me by arranging for my parents to keep the kids and us go out to eat. We had both agreed that remodeling the bedroom was our gift to each other and that would be it, so I wasn't expecting anything other than "Happy Anniversary" being said sometime during the day.

Went to a nice Japanese Restaurant that I'd never been to before. I REALLY wanted to try the sushi (since I've never had it and for some reason it sounded good last night), but knew better than to do that. So, got the shrimp and veg tempura instead. We didn't do anything else but get gas on the way home and come home to an empty house for about 2 hrs by ourselves, but it was nice anyway. So, when I would have been on here chatting with you ladies, I was getting ready for a date with my hubby. It was nice just to be able to spend some time together, even for just a few hours, without 2 toddlers screaming, buckling car seats, and what-have-ya. I must have REALLY needed the time away, because I had SUCH a better attitude when the kids came home. I guess I don't realize it when I need a break, but luckily DH did this time.