Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #21
mkrisel
Registered Users

We go because there is absolutely no sun in the backyard and that makes it too cold in the Seattle area. But we live on a dead end, see maybe 3 cRs the whole time we are out, have a longer driveway, and put the pool by the side/front of the house. We also put the slip and slide in the front yard, but totally in the front because of the great hill . Our kids are 3 and 7 months. I don't know if I will feel the same as they get older. I never would have in our old house though.

Advertisement

mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #22
jam's mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Wading pool in the front yard

If it's the most convenient place for it, why not?
Old 07-06-2013, 09:27 PM   #23
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:
Front yard implies there is a back yard. I like to let my kids swim at our house naked and I prefer the privacy of the back.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:45 AM   #24
July10baby
Registered Users

[

I wouldn't. We set up ours as we want it in the backyard. I think it's weird to put in the front. I want my son to run around w/o working about cars, and people driving by. I don't know all of our neighbors, and I'm just not comfortable with strangers potentially watching my kid or his friends swimming. Plus, I really don't like "things" in front yards. I feel like your home should look presentable
July10baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #25
seuss
Registered Users

No, because I lived in an area where a little boy snuck out of the house while his sitter used the restroom. She started looking for him quickly, but they found him in a pool down the street. We used to have to keep one in the front yard, but I always emptied it when we were done.
seuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:17 AM   #26
cyanotype
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sure. Our back yard is our driveway and there is no shade there. The kiddie pool is in the front or side depending on where the best shade is. It gets emptied every evening and put on the porch.

Most likely nursing and typing. Please pardon any mistakes.
cyanotype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #27
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't do a pool because of the drowning possibility but I do have kid things like a huge sand box in the front yard and my kids play in the front yard. My back yard and side yard is south facing so that is where the garden goes. I actually like that my kids can say hi to neighbors or have conversations with the kids next door. The front yard is fenced and I can hear and see them from inside the house so they can play while I am getting things done. We used to have a huge tree that provided privacy in the front yard but it fell down in a wind storm. I wasn't expecting to have the front so open but it is fine. I don't see why having things in the front yard or actually having kids play in the front yard is so terrible. I actually think it would be a good thing if more people did that.

Last edited by nohollyhomaker; 07-07-2013 at 09:15 PM.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #28
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No, not unless it was something that was put away after each use. I like rules in my neighborhood to keep it looking neat and kept up.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:25 AM   #29
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't unless I was going to empty it any time we weren't out there. The boys want to go in and out though so that is not practical. If a babe drowned in my yard I would never forgive myself, even if I did feel that it was crappy supervision that caused the issue. I want water behind a locked gate.