Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Clean up as you go or just once?

My kids are similar age, 5.5 and 14 mos. The baby's toys are in 2 clear bins, one in her room on the upper floor, and one in the corner of the family room in the basement (raised ranch). Before lunch, before supper and again before bed, I run around and try to get big sister's help to toss all her toys back in her bins. She's not quite walking yet, so it's hard for her to help, but if she sees us trying she'll pick up a toy or two and try. The big one's toys tend to be in sets, so I try to get her to pick them back up and put them away when she moves on to another activity. Meals if I'm home I clean up after immediately. Clear dishes into the dishwasher, wipe down the table, counters and high chair, and clean up the floor under the high chair. It makes prepping for the next meal so much less stressful.

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:44 AM   #22
PrettyinPink89
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rewind_Selector View Post
I do like you do. Clean as we go. I can't stand stepping over stuff or tripping on anything. I usually have a baby of some sort in my arms so I like a clear path.
I live by the clean as you go "rule" (not just with toys). It makes things much easier for everyone and I do not have to pull teeth to get everyone to clean at the end of the day when we are all tired .
PrettyinPink89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #23
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We work together to pick up messes as they happen if they do not do it on their own. I do wait until 4 to sweep daily because I want it to be clean when dh gets here, but I do not want to spot sweep all day long.