Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #21
Rainbow Brite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cloth Wipes

I will cut up some t-shirts now. I don't know why I always forget about that! I'll probably still make some "fancy" ones with topstitching.

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #22
adreab
Registered Users

I have some but they are all so pretty and made by my favorite WAHMs that I am too chicken to actually use them!!! lol
adreab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #23
Cleokatrah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adreab View Post
I have some but they are all so pretty and made by my favorite WAHMs that I am too chicken to actually use them!!! lol
Haha! I purchased a boat load of flannel on sale a while ago and just finished cutting it all into 8 inch squares. I looked at the pile and thought, 'Man, what a cute blanket that would be!' But alas... :-)

I actually hate flannel wipes. I bought the above fabric to try my hand at making wipes for ebay. I'm going to make them double sided with french terry on the flipside. IMO terry is so much more effective than flannel, I will never understand why flannel is so popular. I started with Osocozy and after about the 50th little ebf bead I found on myself, the changing table, or my dd 20-30 minutes AFTER the change, I bought Grovia and never went back. All flannel did for me was transfer ebf from surface to surface - it cleaned but didn't grip. Terry grips, and the french terry, or prob any cotton/poly low pile terry doesn't get stiff over time. Plus, Grovia wipes are cheap: $10 per dozen and 2 ply.

For wipe solution, I make my own and keep it on top of the microwave. Our bathroom retains moisture and the wipes in warmer thing wasn't working for us. At change time, I pop the solution in the microwave while I get her diaper, wipes, etc, then I dunk and clean. I only use solution every other pee so one container usually lasts 2-3 days. My recipe is hot water, coconut oil, and Dr Woods tea tree castille soap.
Cleokatrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:12 AM   #24
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleokatrah

Haha! I purchased a boat load of flannel on sale a while ago and just finished cutting it all into 8 inch squares. I looked at the pile and thought, 'Man, what a cute blanket that would be!' But alas... :-)

I actually hate flannel wipes. I bought the above fabric to try my hand at making wipes for ebay. I'm going to make them double sided with french terry on the flipside. IMO terry is so much more effective than flannel, I will never understand why flannel is so popular. I started with Osocozy and after about the 50th little ebf bead I found on myself, the changing table, or my dd 20-30 minutes AFTER the change, I bought Grovia and never went back. All flannel did for me was transfer ebf from surface to surface - it cleaned but didn't grip. Terry grips, and the french terry, or prob any cotton/poly low pile terry doesn't get stiff over time. Plus, Grovia wipes are cheap: $10 per dozen and 2 ply.

For wipe solution, I make my own and keep it on top of the microwave. Our bathroom retains moisture and the wipes in warmer thing wasn't working for us. At change time, I pop the solution in the microwave while I get her diaper, wipes, etc, then I dunk and clean. I only use solution every other pee so one container usually lasts 2-3 days. My recipe is hot water, coconut oil, and Dr Woods tea tree castille soap.
Yeah I don't get the flannel wipe thing either. They seriously suck. I have yet to find a wipe I like so we are still using huggies wipes. I need to find a wipe that actually wipes lol
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #25
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
Yeah I don't get the flannel wipe thing either. They seriously suck. I have yet to find a wipe I like so we are still using huggies wipes. I need to find a wipe that actually wipes lol
My favs are flannel on one side and velour on the other. I don't use the flannel side to wipe, just to hold. The velour is perfect - soft, gets stuff off, and washes out easily.

We our Quilter's Nappies. Can't wait for her to come back!!!
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #26
BiskMama
Registered Users
seller

GMD's Cloth-ees 2 sided wipes for us, put a dozen of them in our prince lionheart wipes warmer after solking at the sink, and that's what we use for our baby. For poopies, we use the home sted spray also from GMD. The cloth wipes won't fit in our diaper bags wipe case, so we do use dsposie wipes then.
BiskMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #27
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post

This is me. I want to try double sided birdseye wipes, but I don't want to spend anymore on wipes I don't like. I have used GMD double sided, baby wash cloths, an old sweatshirt cut up, and flannel.
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #28
sublime.mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ooh I bet sweatshirt squares work great! They're non-fraying right?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #29
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime.mommy View Post
Ooh I bet sweatshirt squares work great! They're non-fraying right?
They haven't frayed yet!
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote