Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #21
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymark
Bamboo terry flats don't curl & hold their shape great. I've only tried ODC & didn't like that they created a thicker pad than my LLs, but they were nice when using an origami fold.
Which bamboo terry flats did you order that lay flat? Are they trim & absorbent?
Thanks

Advertisement

Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #22
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txladybug
My large GMD bleach lay perfectly flat. My blueberry bamboo lay pretty flat too. I have diaper rite and tiny tush that curl. The tiny tush are particularly bad.
Are the gmd large trim when pad folded? Do you think I could stuff them in a pocket when pad folded?
Thanks
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #23
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Flats that have flat edges after Washing.

Heres another thread on this topic that I saved: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1491905

Some people say its the way you wash them
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #24
Kait5757
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wonderfulboys
Not all my imagine bamboo flat edges lay straight. They are def not square, not even close.
My edges lay flat, but I am sooooo annoyed that they aren't even close to square. I have some bamboo terry from fruit of the womb on etsy that lay pretty flat. The edges curl in slightly, but if I smooth them down they are great!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #25
Txladybug
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
Are the gmd large trim when pad folded? Do you think I could stuff them in a pocket when pad folded?
Thanks
They are trim. I use them to stuff my BG 4.0s. They fit best on the medium and largest rise settings.
Txladybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #26
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Can someone post a pic f what ths thread is talking about? I'm so confused. Lol. What's a not-flat flat look like?

I have many flats, and none are not-flat, I think. Flour sack towels, swaddlebees, osocozy, and ikea all in my possession ATM, also have owned ODC and others that I can't remember the name. Sometimes they are wrinkly on the edges from drying, but as soon as I fold them they are fine. My swaddlebees are perfectly square, as we're the ODC. They also have serged edges, so no awkward lumpiness when the edges are folded over a bunch of times.
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:41 AM   #27
YarnCrazy
Registered Users

My Mood:

ooooooh that is a tough that plus the squaring issue. It is pretty difficult to get them exactly square and flat (I have sewn quite a few with different materials). As a few people already stated above, its the material that makes all the difference in the world. I personally prefer the edges to be T&T over serging...I haven't bought any name brands so I wouldn't know where to begin to tell you on that, but from sewing experience I think bamboo worked best!

edited after thought: I like using a double needle when finishing the edges too, that helped!

Last edited by YarnCrazy; 07-10-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: adding additional info.
YarnCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #28
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988 View Post
Can someone post a pic f what ths thread is talking about? I'm so confused. Lol. What's a not-flat flat look like?

I have many flats, and none are not-flat, I think. Flour sack towels, swaddlebees, osocozy, and ikea all in my possession ATM, also have owned ODC and others that I can't remember the name. Sometimes they are wrinkly on the edges from drying, but as soon as I fold them they are fine. My swaddlebees are perfectly square, as we're the ODC. They also have serged edges, so no awkward lumpiness when the edges are folded over a bunch of times.
This thread top post has wrinkled edge flats.
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1491905
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote