Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #1
gingersnappy
Registered Users
seller

Help me troubleshoot on this diaper problem!!

My 6.0 month old DD is an amazing sleeper and has been sleeping 11-11.5 hr through the overnight for the past month. I use Fuzzibunz elites (version before the 2013 one), and between a small hemp Joey Babykick premium insert + a med/larg microfleece FB insert, there've been very few leaks the next AM.
Except... for the past week I've found her flipped on her stomach every AM and a major urine leak on her tummy.
Is this typical? Recommendations or diaper suggestions? I don't want the waist adjusted too tight, but I may not have a choice

Advertisement

gingersnappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me troubleshoot on this diaper problem!!

How do you have it layered inside? I would put the mf on top and the hemp bellow bc even though hemp is extremely absorbent it takes longer to absorb than cotton and mf and can result In leaks
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Not sure where you are on NH but I own a cd store here in Newmarket called Petite Bottoms.
I'm not trying to spam you I just thought if you were close it may be easier to go to a store and see options.
The FB Elite are great diapers! Maybe trying something other than the mf insert might help. A Thirsties Duo Hemp prefold would be really absorbent in addition to the hemp insert that you are using. Try fanning out the prefold at the top inside of the pocket so there is more surface area to absorb the pee. You want to make sure that the inserts are all the way at the top in the front.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with MF on top and hemp behind. Maybe go up to a Med hemp insert...
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 05:21 AM   #5
gingersnappy
Registered Users
seller

I do have the mf on top and hemp below, but can't remember if they're all the way up in the front. I like the prefold idea. Maybe for night time I'll try another diaper type too just for night with a higher rise, since overall I'm happy with the Elites. BG 4.0s?
Old 07-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love BG 4.0 for nighttime. My son is an all over sleeper but often side or front. He didn't have any leaking in BG unless he flooded them. I used the MF with hemp trick with success.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #7
rooster2012
Registered Users
seller

When DD was 6 months old and started rolling over and sleeping on her tummy (sleeps 12 hrs), I started having leaks too. I bought a couple BG 4.0 seconds and Thirsties Duo size 2 hemp prefolds and they have been bullet proof for the last 7 months :-) The BG has a PUL "pocket" at the front which helps with tummy leaks and the Thirsties hemp prefolds are crazy absorben.!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
gingersnappy
Registered Users
seller

I'll try the BG 4.0 and Thirsties idea. I feel I really can't complain since she's such a good sleeper, but I'm out of town 3 nights of the week and my husband has to deal with it... and who want pee everywhere anyway?
Old 07-10-2013, 02:38 PM   #9
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'd add another insert towards the front. Or upgrade to a larger insert with the doubler. My kid soaks two Flip organic inserts every night, so I'm always amazed at the light wetters and the combos they get away with. LOL