Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #11
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone have 2 washers and 2 dryers? And a good hang drying system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzulMariposa View Post
Growing up, we had 2 dryers and one washer. Worked great since the dryer took longer than the washer. We did not have a large family though, it was just my parents, my grandfather my brother and me
I though about just getting another dryer since it is the most time consuming but I will rob get both cause if i'm gonna do it I might as well go all out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherise1502 View Post
We have 2 of each and it's the best thing that ever happened! It doesn't take up extra space. We stacked our front loaders and then have a stackable unit right next to it! I can get it done so much faster its nice
I though about getting stackables but then I found a top loader I am in love with (not in love with the price but the set ) so am gonna try for this one if not I may go for the stackable

Advertisement

Old 07-04-2013, 04:35 AM   #12
Serafina33
Registered Users

I have a washing machine, a drying closet/cabinet, and a washer/dryer combo machine. LOVE the options in the laundry room!!!!!
Serafina33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #13
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have a FL washer and dryer stacked in my foyer closet (close to where I am with the kids all day so laundry is easy to switch and fold) and I have a top load washer and dryer in my basement (which is 3 flights of stairs and through 3 doors- hence the reason I stacked a set in my foyer closet).
I don't even use the basement set anymore. My newer set is so much more energy efficient (washes a large load in 34 minutes and it is spun out much dryer than the TL all while using less water and electricity) and the FL washer can handle loads double the size of my super capacity top loader so it just isn't worth it. I used to use the 2nd dryer some when I got behind on laundry but that isn't worth the trip downstairs with heavy wet laundry, so now I don't get behind anymore.

My laundry routine is mixed up from the time baseball season starts (spring), through summer with bathing suits and towels from the pool, until school begins again. But during the cooler months when everyone is wearing long sleeves and pants I do all clothes laundry on Saturdays- takes me most of the day and I do 5-6 GIANT loads. I wash linens every weekend, diapers every 4th morning, and cloth napkins weekly.
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #14
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
I have a FL washer and dryer stacked in my foyer closet (close to where I am with the kids all day so laundry is easy to switch and fold) and I have a top load washer and dryer in my basement (which is 3 flights of stairs and through 3 doors- hence the reason I stacked a set in my foyer closet).
I don't even use the basement set anymore. My newer set is so much more energy efficient (washes a large load in 34 minutes and it is spun out much dryer than the TL all while using less water and electricity) and the FL washer can handle loads double the size of my super capacity top loader so it just isn't worth it. I used to use the 2nd dryer some when I got behind on laundry but that isn't worth the trip downstairs with heavy wet laundry, so now I don't get behind anymore.

My laundry routine is mixed up from the time baseball season starts (spring), through summer with bathing suits and towels from the pool, until school begins again. But during the cooler months when everyone is wearing long sleeves and pants I do all clothes laundry on Saturdays- takes me most of the day and I do 5-6 GIANT loads. I wash linens every weekend, diapers every 4th morning, and cloth napkins weekly.
If you don't mind me asking what kind of washer/dryer do you have? Most people I know said they didn't like their FL (especially with diapers) so this is making me think maybe I should investigate more
Old 07-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #15
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 812ajack View Post
If you don't mind me asking what kind of washer/dryer do you have? Most people I know said they didn't like their FL (especially with diapers) so this is making me think maybe I should investigate more
I have an LG FL with sanitary cycle and adore it! It makes my life so much easier. I've had it for over 8 years and have washed diapers a majority of that time with no issues whatsoever- I never bleach, strip, soak or anything.

My boys play baseball so I do lots of very dirty grass stained laundry and have no complaints!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #16
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My mom had two dryers growing up. One was upstairs in the laundry room next to the washer. The other was an older model the previous homeowner left that she had installed in the basement. We used it for things that take a long time...towels, jeans, etc.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:09 PM   #17
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My mother had 7 kids, 1 washer and flat out refused to buy a dryer. She laid things out on furniture to dry in the winter. Whenever the temps went above freezing she plus kids would be outside early hanging clothing out to dry.
Old 07-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #18
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
I dry soap diapers on lounge outside and porch. Inside I put diapers on drying racks....ready I don't know. You could hang diapers on hangers you have them to cut down on space. Im kind of my sister on law that had lots of line but she had I think 6 kids and as fast as I know one washer and dryer with her. 2 kids that visit so that makes 8 kids and a baby on the way

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 07-11-2013 at 10:47 PM.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #19
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4boys1girlforme View Post
I have an LG FL with sanitary cycle and adore it! It makes my life so much easier. I've had it for over 8 years and have washed diapers a majority of that time with no issues whatsoever- I never bleach, strip, soak or anything.

My boys play baseball so I do lots of very dirty grass stained laundry and have no complaints!
I'll have to check it out thanks!
Old 09-08-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
darling
Registered Users
seller

following
darling is offline   Reply With Quote