Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #11
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Out of 5 or 6 one hour GTTs, I've never passed. Not even my most recent, which I took after fasting. But I always pass the 3 hour tests will no problem. Don't stress over it!

Advertisement

sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:22 AM   #12
carolyn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: failed my 1 hour glucose :(

I failed the 1hr with both my previous pregnancies; with my first, I passed the 3hr no problem. With my second, instead of doing the 3hr test, my (different) doctor let me go in and do a fasting blood draw, go home and eat a normal breakfast, then come back for another draw to check sugars, which were normal. This time I'm going to just ask if I can skip straight to that--I think that 1hr test produces a LOT of false failures.
~Expecting #3 in January 2014
carolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #13
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

This I think it's pretty common to fail the first one and pass the next one bc I heard that from a lot of other people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineMama View Post
I failed the one hour last time and then passed the 3 hour easily. Honestly, I thought it was no big deal. Just a little more time to read. I think I just ate something prior to the one hour that made my blood sugar higher than if I had just done it fasting (like you do with the 3 hour).

I didn't have an issue with GD in either pregnancy (gained 25-30 lbs, smallish babes -- so I feel pretty sure that that one test was in error) so I'm not sure about that one discrepant test, but I wouldn't worry too much.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #14
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash View Post
i failed the 1 hour. passed the three hour with flying colors.
Same here, with my last pregnancy. Midwife said it was pretty common.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #15
EnlistedinHisArmy
Registered Users

Now I'm SO nervous! I'm taking the 1 hr on Friday... I feel bound to fail just because there are so many false positives. My mw warned me of this but wants me to take it with the chances that i don't have to take the 3hr.
the instructions I was given says to eat extra servings of carbs for 1-2 days before hand and protein heavy, no sugar or non-complex carbs the day of the test. I would just fast that day but its at 1 in the afternoon. I will eat eggs for breakfast. and drink a gallon of water. thats it. I really want to pass.
EnlistedinHisArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:40 PM   #16
electricmayhem72
Registered Users
seller

I didn't take this test at all due to the fact that my midwife said that there were so many false positives and that I wouldn't feel very well if I were diabetic and it would show up in urine tests.
electricmayhem72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:27 AM   #17
electricmayhem72
Registered Users
seller

^^^ I mean in the regular pee on a stick ones that I did every week.
electricmayhem72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #18
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricmayhem72 View Post
^^^ I mean in the regular pee on a stick ones that I did every week.
This is false info. I have been a raging diabetic for 5 pregnancies and never once had sugar in my urine. I'm also a midwife and this is a common misconception many midwives are taught. If someone does have sugar spill in their urine it is good sign they are diabetic, but if they don't have sugar in their urine it does NOT mean they are not diabetic.

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote