Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #1
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sudden extreme symptoms

My two year old daughter woke up in the middle of the night last night because her diaper was completely soaked. While I was standing at the changing station, I suddenly was very weak, sick and dizzy. I was barely able to get the diaper snapped on, get her and make it to the chair in the living room. I had to lay down in the chair, even though my bedroom was only a few more feet away, I knew that I was not going to make it to the bedroom.
I dozed in the chair with her for about an hour, my symptoms went away during that time. I tried going back into my room and was unable to fall asleep no matter what I tried.

Now today I am still feeling really strange. I know it is partly from only having a few hours of sleep but I still feel like I can not focus and just feel really off.

I had a few dizzy spells when I was pregnant with my son but this one was way worse then anything I remember. Advice?

Advertisement

whitneywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:06 AM   #2
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Sudden extreme symptoms

That's an awful feeling.

It happens to me when I don't remember to eat every couple of hours and/or when I'm not drinking enough to stay well hydrated.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
mrseum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Low blood pressure? Pregnant women are more prone to drops- especially if you jumped out of bed quickly to get her.
E-2.1.14
mrseum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #4
~Cricket~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a lot of trouble with dizziness and low blood pressure in my first few weeks. I could barely stand up at all. DH had to run the house, because I was totally useless. It really sucked. But it did pass by about 10 or 12 weeks. Hope this was just a one time thing for you!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
Kendra&Baby..
Registered Users
seller

During my pregnancy I had a ton of dizziness, headaches, and feeling extremely tired. I couldn't even make it through showers without sitting down because I would get so dizzy. I finally found out during one of my blood tests that I was anemic. I only had anemia during my pregnancy. Once I started taking iron all of my symptoms went away. Hope you feel better mama !
Kendra&Baby.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
leyash
Registered Users
seller

had it horribly with my recent pregnancy. it would get so bad that i had tunnel vision, could feel my heart beating out of my chest, short of breath, knees went weak, etc. it was awful, awful, awful. the only thing i could do was take an entire day to hydrate, and relax. i also had to eat often, like... once an hour. something small.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #7
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Inner ear problems (such as a loose crystal which is relatively minor, up through auto-immune issues that are much more severe) can cause those types of symptoms that quickly. If you have loose crystals, you'll probably have problems for a while (a few weeks-months?) until they settle & re-fuse somewhere out of the way, unless you seek assistance to help them settle & re-fuse faster; and it'll probably happen to you again periodically in the future (every couple of years). It can be very problematic if you get symptoms while driving, especially if turning your head to check your blind spots is a trigger for you.

http://www.michiganear.com/bppv-fact-sheet.html
http://articles.latimes.com/2004/jul...h/he-vertigo19
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=103463398
http://www.tampabayhearing.com/epley.php <- has a diagram of the home treatment positions
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did a whole lot of nothing today. I sat around most of the day, drank a lot of extra water, ate what I could and I am going to bed real soon here.

If it keeps up I will go in for a check, it is possible for me to be anemic.
whitneywalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #9
karikos
Registered Users
seller

I've had it happen twice to me this pregnancy, once in April and I wound up passing out, and once last week at work. I didn't pass out at the one last week but my coworker said my face went white, I started sweating, feeling hot but my skin was cold, couldn't see (had "stars" in front of my eyes) and then just all around sick to my stomach. The sick feeling lasted all day.

I saw my doctor yesterday and he said it's likely it was a drop in blood pressure, possibly from the baby's position at that time. Same thing was said for the last time. It could also happen, he said, if I haven't eaten or if I'm not drinking enough water (but I had eaten just about an hour before this incident and was drinking water).

Last edited by karikos; 07-16-2013 at 08:38 PM.
karikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:58 PM   #10
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

Yep. I had 2 days of low blood pressure. It was under 90/60, and my heart rate was compensating and racing at over 100. It sucks. All you can do is when you start having that feeling, sit down, and wait for it to pass. Sucks. I know.