Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
SOLD: Well Loved & Repairable Diapers

SOLD!

Everything has shot elastic and aplix (if applicable), and pilling on the PUL unless otherwise noted. These are items I collected with the intention of repairing and using myself, but my son potty trained in January and I still don't have a fixed sewing machine. All items were recently washed with a Smart Klean Laundry Ball and hung to dry. There were no suds in the last two rinse cycles, and I did not notice a smell to any diapers. I do have two dogs, but there is no smoking in my house.

Cover Lot #1:
Two Thirsties size two duo wraps; a few PUL cracks/snags, aplix is usable, elastic should be replaced. One large Bummis Super Brite; elastic should be replaced, aplix usable. One no-name med/large white cover; a lot of fuzz in the aplix, elastic ousable. One large Bummis Super Whisper Wrap; needs new elastic and tabs, tummy strip usable.

Cover lot #2:
Very pilly! Elastic still has some stretch, but I cannot stress enough how pilly it is! The red elastic is the worst, it crunches and has the least stretch. PUL seems fine on all these.

Fitted lot:
Two Tiny Tush Trim fitteds with snap-in inserts; inners stained, kinda stiff fabric (could be because I line-dried) need new elastic and aplix. One medium Happy Heiny fitted; stained, elastic still has stretch. One medium bumGenius bamboo fitted with microfiber inner; stained, needs new aplix, elastic usable. One SOS diapers fitted; soaker not attached, stained, holes in outer layer of fabric, elastic may be usable, has very little stretch.

Wool lot:
Covers are large size, longies are medium. Blue cover has cutunfinished waist and white threading that you can see on the outside of the cover. Striped cover has cut/unfinished leg holes.Longies on left are very fuzzy, but have a very wide waist, could use some added elastic. Longies on right I purchased for $30 on Etsy, but they arrived with a hole (see bottom pic). All need to be lanolized before use.

Acrylic longies:
These I won in a lotto when DS was first born. They are acrylic, not wool. They are stiff and pilly. Size newborn/small.

BumGenius lot #1:
Two large AIOs; stained and dingy inners, need new elastic and aplix, microfiber very dingy, PUL seemed ok from what I could see. Three 3.0 pockets (no inserts); need new elastic and aplix, some cracks in the PUL near stitching and seems (try waterproofing spray, or good for around the house!).

BumGenius lot #2:
These are diapers I received with shot elastic, aplix, and peeling PUL. I replaced the elastic in 6 diapers (the other two still have usable leg elastic, but I replced the back elastics). I replaced the elastic using the slice and sew method, where I sliced two slits in the suedecloth, sewed in a piece of elastic to each slit, then sewed the slit up. There is a sewn up slit on the end of each leg and each side of the back (pic to show below). I converted all of them to snaps but one. That one has replaced aplix tabs and laundry tabs, but not tummy strip (see pics). All 3.0 pockets have flaking/cracking PUL, but these worked from for us at home. I never used waterproofing spray on these, but that may get you even more life out of them with the new snaps and elastic! Light staining. No inserts.

I have everything crammed into a large flat rate box and ready to go. To cover shipping, pp fees, and some of the materials I used to repair what I could, I am asking $30ppd $25ppd for the lot of 18 diapers and 13 covers. Great deal for someone crafty and in need of diapers!

Advertisement

Last edited by ChihuahuaMama13; 07-29-2013 at 09:17 PM.
ChihuahuaMama13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #2
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Well Loved & Repairable Diapers

Old 07-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #3
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Old 07-24-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Old 07-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Old 07-29-2013, 05:51 AM   #6
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Old 07-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #7
happysimplelife
Registered Users

I want to purchase these, what email address do I need to send payment to, you take paypal? I cant pm, I'm new.
happysimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #8
happysimplelife
Registered Users

Talking Re: Well Loved & Repairable Diapers

I would love to purchase these and pay now if still available!! Thank you!! Im going to go to bed(little one has a doc appt in the morning) so if you would like to invoice me through paypal @ reeves.jennifer.r@gmail.com, I will pay in the morning.

Last edited by happysimplelife; 07-29-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: adding more info
happysimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #9
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysimplelife View Post
I would love to purchase these and pay now if still available!! Thank you!! Im going to go to bed(little one has a doc appt in the morning) so if you would like to invoice me through paypal @ reeves.jennifer.r@gmail.com, I will pay in the morning.
Of course! They are yours mama Sorry for the delay, I was getting DS to bed I'm sending you an invoice now, it'll say it's from 'Jared Pierce'.