Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
ForeverYoung
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Need Suggestions - SPAM also welcome!

Okay, so I'm looking for a reliable carrier that will work with a child. My four year old daughter is fighting cancer, and has just finished radiation treatments. She is weaker, and has less energy...and thus is carried more often. While she's four, she's small - and with treatments and all, is now weighing just over 29 lbs, fully clothed. I did wear her recently with a pouch sling we had once upon a time, so that would work - but looking for other options as well.

I need something that will cater to her size, and still be comfortable for me to wear. Ease of putting it on would be helpful, but not the biggest factor.

If you use, sell, used to use, want to trade - whatever - let me know. I'm all ears! Thanks all!

***edited to add: I should also update...I'm a plus size mama, so the carrier would need to have a little extra room for ME! haha Does this exist??****

Advertisement

Last edited by ForeverYoung; 07-24-2013 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Added information
ForeverYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverYoung View Post
Okay, so I'm looking for a reliable carrier that will work with a child. My four year old daughter is fighting cancer, and has just finished radiation treatments. She is weaker, and has less energy...and thus is carried more often. While she's four, she's small - and with treatments and all, is now weighing just over 29 lbs, fully clothed. I did wear her recently with a pouch sling we had once upon a time, so that would work - but looking for other options as well.

I need something that will cater to her size, and still be comfortable for me to wear. Ease of putting it on would be helpful, but not the biggest factor.

If you use, sell, used to use, want to trade - whatever - let me know. I'm all ears! Thanks all!
Pming you mama
Old 07-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #3
babycat42
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Need Suggestions - SPAM also welcome!

I use an Action Baby Toddler Carrier for my 4 yr old. He has recently put on some weight and he now weighs 36 lbs. I like how tall the carrier is and it is very comfortable to wear.
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
knotmegg
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tons of ((hugs)) your way.
knotmegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #5
manniewcu
Registered Users
seller

Sorry for the reason you are needing the carrier! I recently put my 5yo DD in my Ergo for an outing to keep her safe. She is about 30lbs as well. She fit well in it and it's super easy to get on. I thought it was pretty comfy and DH said the same as well.
manniewcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am so sorry to hear that your daughter is having to fight cancer. We will keep you in our thoughts. I would say a Kinderpack. She has a preschool size that would probably be perfect for you. She just stocked earlier today so you can probably still snag one.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:15 PM   #7
ForeverYoung
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by babycat42 View Post
I use an Action Baby Toddler Carrier for my 4 yr old. He has recently put on some weight and he now weighs 36 lbs. I like how tall the carrier is and it is very comfortable to wear.
Hmmm thanks! I will have to look these up! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knotmegg View Post
Tons of ((hugs)) your way.
Thank you SO much. Really appreciate the hugs. I'm pretty sure hugs make the world go 'round!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manniewcu View Post
Sorry for the reason you are needing the carrier! I recently put my 5yo DD in my Ergo for an outing to keep her safe. She is about 30lbs as well. She fit well in it and it's super easy to get on. I thought it was pretty comfy and DH said the same as well.
Thank you so much for the kind words. Wow, that's impressive. It sounds like thatone would be a great option to look into too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever View Post
I am so sorry to hear that your daughter is having to fight cancer. We will keep you in our thoughts. I would say a Kinderpack. She has a preschool size that would probably be perfect for you. She just stocked earlier today so you can probably still snag one.
AWE, thanks! And thanks also for thinking of us! Kinderpack. I don't have a clue about these, or where to find them, but I'll have to see if I can search around and see! Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 07-19-2013, 02:06 PM   #8
flyinmum
Registered Users

Sending some healing thoughts your way for your DD. I second the kinderpack as a great comfortable easy to use carrier. She has preschool size and toddler size. My 4.5yr old DS who weighs about 34lbs still fits comfortably in the toddler size. Her site with in stock carriers is http://kindercarry.bigcartel.com/cat...stock-carriers
flyinmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 05:57 PM   #9
ForeverYoung
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinmum View Post
Sending some healing thoughts your way for your DD. I second the kinderpack as a great comfortable easy to use carrier. She has preschool size and toddler size. My 4.5yr old DS who weighs about 34lbs still fits comfortably in the toddler size. Her site with in stock carriers is http://kindercarry.bigcartel.com/cat...stock-carriers
I was looking - how do you tell the size differences on there? (I emailed from the website, but haven't heard back.) I'll take a closer look - I'm just exhausted.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #10
ForeverYoung
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I should also update...I'm a plus size mama, so the carrier would need to have a little extra room for ME! haha Does this exist??