Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2013, 10:25 AM   #611
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygirl

Is anyone else who delivered still reading this read other than Kristen and I. If so, I'm wondering about something. I lost a lot of weight when I gave birth. It was about 25 pounds. After another two weeks I lost another twenty. Naturally I felt great after all that swelling was gone but my stomach was still distended on top and it still is after two months. Does anyone else still look pregnant? I had my last visit with my OB only a month after the birth and he said everything seemed fine but I don't feel right. It's hard to explain ... it's not fat, it's like this fullness. Any thoughts?

Otherwise, we are doing well. My girls are full of smiles these days. It's the best feeling in the world.
You may have a separation of the abdominal muscles/ diastasis recti. It's pretty common, ESP w twins. There are exercises to correct it. I haven't managed to do them yet myself :/. Lucky you to have lost all that weight! I haven't lost any since delivery. 20 lbs to go . Although I'd be happy w 15 since I'm sure 5 are my boobs, lol.

Advertisement

Old 07-24-2013, 10:46 AM   #612
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Thanks Brook. I think I found out my problem this morning when AF arrived. I can't believe I got it so soon
Old 07-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #613
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Thanks Brook. I think I found out my problem this morning when AF arrived. I can't believe I got it so soon
That stinks . I'm hoping mine holds off a while, but I usually don't get very long. In fact, I'm surprised it hasn't shown yet, usually here by now (not that I'm complaining!)
Old 07-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #614
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176

That stinks . I'm hoping mine holds off a while, but I usually don't get very long. In fact, I'm surprised it hasn't shown yet, usually here by now (not that I'm complaining!)
I wish mine would show up!! I always have myself convinced I'm pregnant.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:08 PM   #615
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by March

I wish mine would show up!! I always have myself convinced I'm pregnant.
Haha, that's funny! I find twins to be excellent birth control, by the way of abstinence because there is always someone awake! If they happen to be asleep at the same time, then one of the other four are awake. Geesh!
Old 07-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #616
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
ilovemygirl, Bummer about AF! Has the distention gone down at all? Are you BF'ing the girls?

I'm super surprised that after a few days, maybe a week, I completely deflated! I'm back in my pre-preg clothes and have lost about 37lbs so far. Totally unexpected since I only gained 25-30lbs but I'm definitely not complaining! I contribute it to the BF'ing and pumping. Sucking the weight right off of me - literally!
Old 07-25-2013, 05:07 AM   #617
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
Haha, that's funny! I find twins to be excellent birth control, by the way of abstinence because there is always someone awake! If they happen to be asleep at the same time, then one of the other four are awake. Geesh!
Love this! It's so true. I only have the twins and one older one and if all three happen to be asleep at once the only thing I want to do in my bed is take a nap

Kristen - I'm not BF anymore. I made it to six weeks. I tried all sorts of things and still had no supply. I kind of expected it because I had a breast reduction years ago but I wanted to try anyway and give it my best shot so I would have no regrets.
The distention has gone down a bit. I think it was partly AF and also the gallbladder and hernia surgery I just had. I saw the surgeon for a follow up two days ago and he said everything looks good but that it's normal to still have some swelling/distention.
How much longer is your mom staying? I'm glad things are going so well for you! How are your boys adjusting to the new babies?
Old 07-25-2013, 12:32 PM   #618
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Love this! It's so true. I only have the twins and one older one and if all three happen to be asleep at once the only thing I want to do in my bed is take a nap
?
For real!

Glad you are doing well Kristen, although a little jealous that my weight hasn't dropped with all the breastfeeding. My babies are huge too, all from me. At least that's good. I was probably a tad underweight to start with, so maybe I will just have to buy new clothes .
Old 07-25-2013, 12:43 PM   #619
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So nice to hear you mamas talk that have your babies. I can't wait!!

Danielle - Did you get to go home? Or are you still in the hospital? Hope everything is going good for you!

AFM - Leaving the house soon to take my GD test. The last few days I've been getting kicked in the crotch, and it literally feels like there is so much pressure and kicking down there, that I'm half expecting a foot or hand to come flying out of the bag of water or something. Very weird and really unpleasant feeling, that is for sure! Contractions still come and go, but I've managed to get them to go away with lots of water, a heating pad on my back, and immediately taking a nap or going to bed at night so I don't notice them. The DR said they would just be a 'nuisance' until I deliver, so I'm counting on that and nothing serious. Next appointment is about a week away, just a regular OB appointment for 30 weeks. Then next is the 32 week appt. with ultrasound. So exciting to be getting further, each week seems like a huge success. Honestly, considering my babies NEVER want to come out, I feel like I'm over-reacting and I will end up being induced. I've always had contractions weeks and days before real labor, so it would make sense it would just start earlier this time. It takes FOREVER for me to dilate or efface, so I'm almost prepared for an induction of some kind.

This may sound AWFUL - but when I was 'preparing' myself for an early delivery, possible C-section, and NICU... I brought myself to be okay with it. Now thinking that I may avoid the NICU completely, I'm dreading having to take care of two newborns while trying to recover at the same time. I was almost 'at peace' with having time to recover on my own, come home and spend time with my bigger kids before the twins were able to come home. Sounds AWFUL.... I know. DH does not wake up for ANYTHING, so I will be doing nights by myself, and days probably won't be a ton easier.

Hoping and praying for healthy babies, and that whatever happens, I will cope and be okay with it.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #620
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Do you take any cal-mag? It really helps with the irritable uterus contractions. And there's no reason you can't go full term if you aren't having problems. I went to 39 +3, then went into labor spontaneously. Good luck w the GD test!