Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:46 PM   #1
Registered Users
I have 6 month old we just started on homemade veggie purees and rice cereal 2 weeks ago. He is still nursing on demand, and takes 15oz of milk at school everyday.

I first started out by asking school to feed him rice cereal after the lunch bottle. Now they are doing it after the 1st bottle and feeding 1 ice cube worth of homemade puree after the lunch bottle.

Am I crazy for giving another ice cube worth of puree at dinner time? The baby seems so interested in what we are eating and continues to nurse well. Am I moving too fast with feeding solids 3x a day?

My first baby was a tiny thing and didn't seem this hungry until 7 or 8 months!

WOHM and to Jon (6/2006). Mamma to daughter Elli (12/2009) and Jacob (11/2012) Crazy Florida Gator fan , beach bum, and outdoor enthusiast!

Last edited by Van1300; 05-18-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Van1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
I would continue to follow his lead Dd1 Loved! solids and was having 3meals and 2'snacks' at 6mos. Dd2 on the other hand wanted nothing! to do with solids until 9mos. Ds is 5mos and I offered him a bite of applesauce. He was not impressed with me lol I say if he is still getting a good amount of milk then solids-however much he wants-is just fine
House Goddess & mama to 8 yr old princess L , 6 yr old mama magnet J and 9mos old love bug C

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 6 months and frequency of puree

all kids are different only you know your baby go with your gut
lanbryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
Registered Users

My guy was a hungry guy too. He was eating bfast and dinner at 6 months. He loved his purees. He was still drinking 24 ounces a day on top of all those solids. I think as long as bm or formula is still a big part of their diet I would give him as much as he wants! He'll probably going back and forth.
Loving wife to my gaming, sports loving hubbie. Sahm to J 2/12 and L 10/13
UVASahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
Registered Users

were your 6mo's sitting up without support? I'm pretty sure DD wasn't when we started, but with DS I really feel like he'd like more than rice cereal, which he's had for about 3 weeks now and loves. I'm thinking about squash, but wasn't sure about sitting. he'll be 6 mo in 1 week!
gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote