Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #41
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: I told you!

It drives me bonkers that kids will yell at each other in "normal" conversation despite being all of 4 inches apart and inside a quiet room. We have a million rules and reminder about "inside voices" and that it is unecessary to yell. It drives me batty that my 3 years olds favorite response lately is to yell Don't LOOK AT ME! or just go BAP! and laugh it is addressed each and every time if needed conquences are given.. Still well it happens. many many times a day..

Advertisement

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #42
Bhavana
Registered Users

My Mood:

Karma, Palooka, Karma. What goes up must come down. If both of you are still around...you will get plentiful opportunities when their LO starts making sounds...and wakes you guys up.

Do they have downstairs neighbors? Sit back and enjoy then.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #43
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Well she was back today. Three times. She knocked and our nanny didn't answer. The result was a barking dog, some cursing from behind the door, and according to our nanny one scared toddler. After today our nanny said she can't open the door because she wouldn't be able to not curse at this ***** for freaking out a poor kid just playing in his house.

Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #44
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
Well she was back today. Three times. She knocked and our nanny didn't answer. The result was a barking dog, some cursing from behind the door, and according to our nanny one scared toddler. After today our nanny said she can't open the door because she wouldn't be able to not curse at this ***** for freaking out a poor kid just playing in his house.

ok wait. the lady was cursing or your nanny?
If it was her, definitely report her for harassment.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:18 PM   #45
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Your neighbors are hostile. File a complaint. List everything you have done to appease them and how much $$$ you've spent. Send them a letter informing them that all complaints must be filed with the homeowners association. Also inform them if they knock again your nanny will call the police. There is no noise ordinance for toddlers, unless they are listen to Metallica on full blast at 1:00 AM.

Last edited by miriamleigh; 07-24-2013 at 10:21 PM.
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #46
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriamleigh View Post
Your neighbors are hostile. File a complaint. List everything you have done to appease them and how much $$$ you've spent. Send them a letter informing them that all complaints must be filed with the homeowners association. Also inform them if they knock again your nanny will call the police. There is no noise ordinance for toddlers, unless they are listen to Metallica on full blast at 1:00 AM.
Metallica? 1am? coolest toddler ever!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #47
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by corinne76 View Post
Metallica? 1am? coolest toddler ever!
Can you tell I'm old? Metallica is the only loud band I could think of!
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:34 PM   #48
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooka

That is just scary! I agree with the pp that said to have her call the police (and warn them of this) if it happens again! Yikes! I would definitely file for harassment!
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:35 PM   #49
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriamleigh View Post
Can you tell I'm old? Metallica is the only loud band I could think of!
I actually love Metallica
Old 07-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #50
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

Like Diana said, those newborns grow up to be toddlers. And I'd tell her so. I'd write her a professional letter telling her everything I've done to keep the sound down. In the letter I'd close by asking her try to limit coming around because it's been upsetting your son's caregiver. Your family also deserves a peaceful home environment. She sounds like a bully. Bullies are best dealt with by standing up to them.

If you are still interested in keeping the sound down, I think that I've already mentioned cork, but it bears repeating because it's a great sound barrier. Running would actually be the least of our problems with all of the pushing, pulling, furniture moving, fort building, rolling and wooden block playing we do here (in our single family home).

eta I didn't see your update. I think I'd start with the personally crafted professional letter, but I might also take this to the HOA (although I'm not quite sure how the association works) or if you have a lawyer, I'd her for some advice about how to proceed. I'm not advocating lawyering up, but sometimes they have helpful, objective advice about what to do when you just can't see straight anymore. I'd certainly be journaling about your interactions from now on.

Last edited by danielle; 07-25-2013 at 03:07 AM.
danielle is offline   Reply With Quote