Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #91
Juan M
Boo Yah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: New DS theme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~
It often seems that members here seem to think that the ladies/names they see that work on this site are the ones responsible for any additions or changes. Often it seems that members don't like something so say "nobody cares". This just is not so.

The team often get blindsided by the techy guys (no offense Juan, you know I love you) as has been stated before. I'm sure not knowing what was in the works was upsetting to the ladies that are actually working day after day on the site. I have seen several of them say the changes are causing them eye strain or headaches. That doesn't sound to me like they all support this change and *nobody cares*

The statement "nobody cares" is really not very polite, or fair, to the ladies that actually work everyday on this site giving their time to help make it a better/safer place. I know how hard I worked during my years on the team. I'm sure the ladies behind the scenes are still working hard doing a job that is a fairly unappreciated for the most part.

Just because people suggest things and they don't get done as suggested does NOT mean that *nobody* on the team cares.
Thank you.

We are making the changes we need to make. These changes are all happening because we care about your experience here. Just because there is not an immediate response to a complaint does not mean that nobody cares. Tweaking of this design will continue for a while so hang tight. Some things we will be able to do and others we will not.

I truly appreciate the feedback we've received and absolutely enjoy reading the comments that members share with politeness and tact.

Advertisement

Juan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #92
Gerdgrid
Formerly K****i
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan M View Post
Thank you.

We are making the changes we need to make. These changes are all happening because we care about your experience here. Just because there is not an immediate response to a complaint does not mean that nobody cares. Tweaking of this design will continue for a while so hang tight. Some things we will be able to do and others we will not.

I truly appreciate the feedback we've received and absolutely enjoy reading the comments that members share with politeness and tact.
I can appreciate that it's no fun to have people being upset and snarky when you feel like you're working hard and doing what's best for the website as a whole, but I will say, a little communication would go a LONG way with keeping the natives from getting too restless.
Gerdgrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:00 PM   #93
Juan M
Boo Yah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Kaci, I completely agree. The design was also released to me minutes before it went live. I agree that communication would have helped. Please remember that I'm in the same boat as you all.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #94
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Couple issues I've noticed:

The kearning gets really weird sometimes. Like in this thread:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1535268

Cannot apply any effects within quotes (bolding is one used frequently). I put in the correct coding, but nothing happens when it posts.

The list function no longer works when posting. Again, all the correct coding appears when editing, but after posing nothing happens.

Last edited by Palooka; 07-30-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #95
Juan M
Boo Yah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
Couple issues I've noticed:

The kearning gets really weird sometimes. Like in this thread:
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1535268

Cannot apply any effects within quotes (bolding is one used frequently). I put in the correct coding, but nothing happens when it posts.

The list function no longer works when posting. Again, all the correct coding appears when editing, but after posing nothing happens.

Awesome, thanks!
Old 07-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #96
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

It has gotten better for me. My biggest issue was the lack of contrast. I still hate the color scheme but then I didn't like the old color scheme either.

I think whoever approved a no notice change should get a hundred lashes with a wet noodle. If it had been trialed with prior notice with appeals for people to post issues then it would seem like a group effort. In my experience people who feel a part of the whole process are also less likely to make petty complaints.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #97
trinitym
Registered Users
seller

I too am having difficulty with the new color scheme. I can't put my finger on it, but it feels like the screen is bright as the sun and I have to almost squint and concentrate hard to read the words. I'm finding myself looking away from the screen a lot just to rest my eyes. Someone here posted that you can change colors on Chrome. I'm going to go spend some time trying to figure out how to do that. I'm on here A LOT and I just can't spend the time I usually do because of the eye strain it requires. I <3 Diaperswappers....I want to keep loving it!
Old 08-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #98
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It does seem to be toned down from a few days ago. Thanks for that!
Old 08-05-2013, 11:35 AM   #99
Juan M
Boo Yah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

You're welcome!
Old 08-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #100
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Are we using bootstrap? If so, can we look at theming using less.css? This might fix the color complaints people are having. It would be appreciated.