Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-31-2013, 08:21 PM   #151
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: August'13 ddc Weekly chat July 29-Aug 4

Misty, you both look beautiful! So sorry about your traumatic birth.

Katie, sorry for your prodromal labor. That must be so frustrating. Maybe it's your body trying to get baby into a better birthing position, like Samantha mentioned earlier? Have you been doing some spinning babies techniques to try to get her into an anterior position?

Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 08:38 PM   #152
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Katie - I hope it happens for real for you soon.
Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:30 PM   #153
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Misty he is perfect and I agree you look amazing!! Praying for your body to heal quickly!!!

And I check my own cervix because I figure I check everyone else's why not mine!! I know exactly what I am looking for though and I will say in pregnant woman it can be very hard any way to find them since it's "mushy" up there.

You have to squat low and I don't know if I would recommend for "most" people only because you would have to be somewhat cautious about not causing a problem but either way there you have it. My OB asked me the same question cause I wouldn't let him check me today ha... I told him I already did it myself and he said he had no idea how I could manage that. haha

Anyone going else GBS positive?? Just found out today that I am despite doing all the "things" to prevent it!!!! gah!!! so annoying. I am torn between refusing antibx or not. I am on the lovenox so they are really wanting me to have a saline lock which I was going to refuse but now I feel like I am already going to be refusing it all and while my risk factors are low I just am not sure yet......
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:22 PM   #154
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
There is no way I could reach to check my own cervix...

Liesl, I am GBS+. I will take the abx. I know the risks of baby having issues w/o abx aren't huge but it terrifies me b/c the issues can be so serious. It just isn't worth risking IMO (even though I realize there are also abx-related risks too). My OB insists that it really isn't something you can prevent, either. He says it is fleeting in most adults' bodies.

Katie, big to you. I feel like I'm at my wits' end too. I, too, keep feeling like an idiot for wondering whether this is it or not...it is just tough when it is so painful, regular, etc...then nothing. I had not progressed any today from a week ago which is since I have spent hours in pain this past week. Hopefully your LO will stop toying with you soon. And I hope you get some rest in the meantime.

AFM, I just keep trucking on little household and work projects. I'm trying to distract myself from feeling crummy. Still getting irregular ctx and having lots of cramping. At this point, I want DD to hang on until my OB is back late Sunday. DH is predicting that I have her right smack in the middle of the weekend, though. That would be my luck, given my anxieties about this L&D!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #155
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

No baby yet. Dad is getting discharged from the hospital around noon to head back toward California. That gives me roughly 13 hours I think if I went into labor, he'd get a hotel room and stay until baby was born though. I've been having ctx and a crap ton of cervical pressure all day and did a bunch more walking. DH is afraid to go to sleep, and so am I. I feel like a time bomb.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:07 AM   #156
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP
No baby yet. Dad is getting discharged from the hospital around noon to head back toward California. That gives me roughly 13 hours I think if I went into labor, he'd get a hotel room and stay until baby was born though. I've been having ctx and a crap ton of cervical pressure all day and did a bunch more walking. DH is afraid to go to sleep, and so am I. I feel like a time bomb.
My fingers are crossed that you'll go ASAP!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 06:34 AM   #157
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakiwi7 View Post
Misty he is perfect and I agree you look amazing!! Praying for your body to heal quickly!!!

And I check my own cervix because I figure I check everyone else's why not mine!! I know exactly what I am looking for though and I will say in pregnant woman it can be very hard any way to find them since it's "mushy" up there.

You have to squat low and I don't know if I would recommend for "most" people only because you would have to be somewhat cautious about not causing a problem but either way there you have it. My OB asked me the same question cause I wouldn't let him check me today ha... I told him I already did it myself and he said he had no idea how I could manage that. haha

Anyone going else GBS positive?? Just found out today that I am despite doing all the "things" to prevent it!!!! gah!!! so annoying. I am torn between refusing antibx or not. I am on the lovenox so they are really wanting me to have a saline lock which I was going to refuse but now I feel like I am already going to be refusing it all and while my risk factors are low I just am not sure yet......
I found out yesterday while I was at the hospital that I'm GPS +. I've never been before, so not sure what exactly that means other than antibiotics during delivery for me. Of course, I was supposed to get them anyway because of my heart, so honestly I kind of feel like whoop-pa-de-do about it. Does that mean, though, that they'll have to do something to the baby after birth?
Old 08-01-2013, 06:43 AM   #158
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I must have been exhausted after all the false labor in the last few days because I slept straight through the night and never even got up to pee. Something happened night before last with our TV and our TV is out, so the littles are in withdraw somewhat this morning. We were at my parents house yesterday, so they got to watch a little then, but around the house sometimes they feel like they have to be glued to it. My mom and one of my sisters started back to work today (they both teach school). Mom is back in for pre-planning, but kids actually came back today at my sister's new school that she's working at. Can't believe it's that time again! Can you? My MIL is planning on coming over later after she gets finished taking her entrance exam for the technical college. She's wanting to get her commercial truck driving license so that she and her husband can team drive on long hauls across the country. It'll be great for them, but I know that will mean she'll be gone even more than she already is. Of course, that means she'll be around constantly for the next 2 m. Right now that's a great thing since I could use her, but I'm sure once her training course is over at the end of the 2 m. i'll be ready for her to leave again. So...just trying to keep the little ones from hurting themselves or someone else until she gets here. If it looks like we need a break, we may go across the street to visit DH's grandmother for a little while before my MIL gets here. She won't know what to do with herself with a few of the great grands back in school today that usually stay with her some during the summer.
Old 08-01-2013, 07:14 AM   #159
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Katie- sorry that you went through all that yesterday!! That sucks. fx that You can relax some today.

Boo for you ladies having to deal with GBS and all this prelabor crap. Other than pressure from Sam moving and feeling like someone is squeezing my lungs all the time I guess I'm ok.

I was on a cleaning frenzy last night, lol. But it's nice to wake up to a clean house. I wasted a lot of time late last night trying to figure out how to set up the printer and print pages for dh on his laptop for work. He's got windows 8. I finally got it figured out but sheesh! lol We did get the curtains hung last night in the sunroom. I need to cut and sew one of the panels to fit the two windows. I need to sew Sam's blankie today too. I might even sew curtains and pillow forms for the living room. Not much else to do today.

Maybe I'll take the kids outside and help me clean up the yard. Dh mowed yesterday so I need to sweep all the clippings off the deck.

Last edited by Andbabymakes2; 08-01-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Andbabymakes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:20 AM   #160
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You both look great Misty, congrats!!

Tough night last night, I woke up for my regular pee and felt really sick, nauseous and kinda...buzzy? I could fall back asleep but the next 3 times I got up I felt the same way woke up feeling alright though, so I dont know what that was about.