Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #11
iheartcruise912
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Really worried that shes not getting enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
Op how's it going?
It breaks my heart to think about it, but we decided to do formula. Having not gained any weight in 2 1/2 months we felt it was necessary. I wish we could have continued on it makes me sad thinking about it. Thank you all for your input though.

Advertisement

DS (9/10) DD (4/13) DD (3/15) NTNP #4

I do graphic design! Etsy shop graphics, bow cards, logos, and more!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PolkaDotSquareDesign
iheartcruise912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #12
Silver)O(Moon
formerly 4boysMomma
seller

My Mood:

Its ok mama. Dealing with low supply can be an emotional roller coaster and isn't for everyone. We decided to formula feed our 5th due to low supply plus a milk allergy - the first time any of our babies haven't been EBF. Be gentle to yourself. The hormones can do a number on you for a while. I cried a lot that first week! But he thrived and it was the right decision for us. Head over the the Formula Support forum. There are lots of BTDT mamas who can give support if you need it.
And wife to my amazing DH who supports me in all I do!
Silver)O(Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 06:31 PM   #13
iheartcruise912
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver)O(Moon View Post
Its ok mama. Dealing with low supply can be an emotional roller coaster and isn't for everyone. We decided to formula feed our 5th due to low supply plus a milk allergy - the first time any of our babies haven't been EBF. Be gentle to yourself. The hormones can do a number on you for a while. I cried a lot that first week! But he thrived and it was the right decision for us. Head over the the Formula Support forum. There are lots of BTDT mamas who can give support if you need it.
Oh wow, thank you so much for this. I haven't had anyone to really vent to over the situation. Hubby doesn't quite get it. Though that's partially my fault. Awhile back we had considered formula and I told him I wasn't as attached to BFing as some are, well apparently I was wrong.
And I'm still not dried up, and this may sound strange but it really hurts to see the supply dwindling like that. Feels like I'm killing something. Ugh, sorry if that sounds strange. I just try not to think about it, even though I'm always apologizing to baby girl when I give her the bottle. I need to quit that I know.
Anyways, sorry for my ramble. A place to vent my emotions ya know?
DS (9/10) DD (4/13) DD (3/15) NTNP #4

I do graphic design! Etsy shop graphics, bow cards, logos, and more!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PolkaDotSquareDesign
iheartcruise912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #14
MommyZ of 2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Aww, I'm sorry you're feeling so sad. As someone mentioned earlier, it doesn't have to be an "all or nothing" situation. You can continue to bf her part time for as long as you'd both like, even if there's not much or no milk at all. It can still be soothing for her, and give you that closeness you love.
FWIW, I stopped bf'ing at 16 months. I was just done with it and was having a strong aversion. I STILL cried about it and missed that time spent with my son. You're not crazy.
MommyZ of 2 is offline   Reply With Quote