Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #21
Corgi
Registered Users

Re: Mama Cloth - Your Favorites?? (SPAM welcome)

I have a huge stash. I think my favorites are
The Silver Liner (makes an excellent thong liner!!)
Yurtcraft
Pampered Mama (these are my favorite liners, hands down)
Essence of Eve

You also really can't beat GEM cloth in price/ quality, if picking specific prints isn't super important to you.

I've just about tried everything out there at this point, and I must say the only ones I didn't like were Party in my Pants (the nylon back just would NOT stay in place, no matter how snug or what material my underwear is!) and Pink Lemonade. (super thick, and really inconsistent on craftsmanship)

Advertisement

Chase, born Oct 2013 at 29weeks, HOME where he belongs after 59 long days in NICU.
expecting
someone new Nov/Dec 2015.
Corgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #22
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post

I used to rave about Go With the Flo on here a lot but I've been very disappointed with the last two orders. If you can find the older version of GWTF pads they are GREAT! The cut was wonderful and the colors stayed so nice. I have some that have been in rotation 7 years and they look great. Pads from the newer style/dye lots look really bad after only a few months. Makes me a little sad because I so loved them.

I never did check back in with you about those (since we had ordered at the same time). I'm bummed that they ended up being so bad for you. I actually found that my problems "washed out." Even though the colors on two looked like they had bleached out where my blood had been, there was one wash (where I momentarily stuck them in hot oxygen bleach) that changed them back. Go figure. I do have one pad from my first order with her, though, that really faded, or else maybe it just seems nondescript now next to my prettier dye patterns.

I will say that I was surprised by the pile difference between my 12" minky shapeds and my 12" OBV shapeds. I now understand that it is common knowedge that there is a pile difference between these toppers, but I simply did not know. I think I would have gotten more Party in my Pants and less GWTF if I had realized that they would be slightly thicker (but then, I have a really flat butt, and GWTF shaped are still much thinner than most brands).

If I were starting over, I'd be really interested in trying Pampered Mama's new OBV creations. I did like her cut, and she was super nice.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #23
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
I never did check back in with you about those (since we had ordered at the same time). I'm bummed that they ended up being so bad for you. I actually found that my problems "washed out." Even though the colors on two looked like they had bleached out where my blood had been, there was one wash (where I momentarily stuck them in hot oxygen bleach) that changed them back. Go figure. I do have one pad from my first order with her, though, that really faded, or else maybe it just seems nondescript now next to my prettier dye patterns.

I will say that I was surprised by the pile difference between my 12" minky shapeds and my 12" OBV shapeds. I now understand that it is common knowedge that there is a pile difference between these toppers, but I simply did not know. I think I would have gotten more Party in my Pants and less GWTF if I had realized that they would be slightly thicker (but then, I have a really flat butt, and GWTF shaped are still much thinner than most brands).

If I were starting over, I'd be really interested in trying Pampered Mama's new OBV creations. I did like her cut, and she was super nice.
Really? I may have to try that! Since I found vast amounts of the old Tide, I haven't had to do any tweaking like I used to with my wash routine so these haven't ever had an oxygen bleach on them.Maybe that will actually work! They really do look faded out but I'm game to try oxygen bleach!

Pampered Mama WAHM is SUPER nice! Her cut reminds me a lot of my old GWTF in some ways and I love that her stuff is really consistent (also like the old GWTF. My newest GWTF is all over the place shape wise and that didn't make me happy. My seconds ended up vastly better than teh stuff I bought in the co-op)

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #24
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ View Post
Really? I may have to try that! Since I found vast amounts of the old Tide, I haven't had to do any tweaking like I used to with my wash routine so these haven't ever had an oxygen bleach on them.Maybe that will actually work! They really do look faded out but I'm game to try oxygen bleach!

Pampered Mama WAHM is SUPER nice! Her cut reminds me a lot of my old GWTF in some ways and I love that her stuff is really consistent (also like the old GWTF. My newest GWTF is all over the place shape wise and that didn't make me happy. My seconds ended up vastly better than teh stuff I bought in the co-op)
Yeah, it's sort of backwards-sounding, right? The same thing happened for my turquoise Fussybutt pad (the color that stains and "bleaches" easily for me), but I find that one particularly hard to maintain (I'll get it looking new some periods but not others). Still it does come out right with enough tries.

My "bleaching" was a sort of weird yellowing (and apparent fading) of areas though. If it really whitened out for you (I've seen photos where that has happened), I doubt oxygen bleach would help. But it was the hot oxygen bleach shock followed by a cold soak rather than just a cold soak that did it for me. I'm bummed that the GWTF really turned out that bad for you. I guess I should stop promoting her at every turn too....

Lately my period has lightened: I'm getting very little use out of some pads and am needing more liners. I think I will try Pampered Mama for liners when she has more dyed OBV in stock. She has the 11" which is my ideal liner length. I'm still in love with New Moon pads elementals for super light days though... looking for a sale to get more.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 09-04-2013 at 06:47 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #25
jmrw2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My favorites are Homestead Emporium. Pietra is fantastic to work with, and every pad I've gotten from her has been great. She's also running a buy on her facebook page right now that will get you 20% off.
jmrw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #26
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
. I guess I should stop promoting her at every turn too....

No lol don't do that! What works for you may work great for others. If I hadn't had the GWTF stuff from before it changed owners to compare to, I'd probably not be as disappointed. The loss of color really bothers me and I have wondered why the co-op stuff didn't all look better than seconds, but they are still a really great pad compared to some I have tried

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #27
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

mama for you and your family during this trial! I highly recommend a menstrual cup paired with light pads/pantyliners. **spam alert** I have 6-packs of light pads on sale for $25 shipped. They are surprise colors/prints with cotton velour tops/cotton woven wings. **spam over** Sometimes with a cup you don't need any backup. I love Lunette, Meluna, and Ladycup and also like Moon Cup (U.S.).
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #28
Beledy
Registered Users
seller

I'm totally new to mama cloth and trying to figure out which brand to buy. I like the look and price of the GEM cloth. But it doesn't have a waterproof backing. Do people find they need that?

Also, do all of these cloths fold up well for transit?
Beledy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #29
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beledy View Post
I'm totally new to mama cloth and trying to figure out which brand to buy. I like the look and price of the GEM cloth. But it doesn't have a waterproof backing. Do people find they need that?

Also, do all of these cloths fold up well for transit?
I hate PUL on pads. IMO it's hot and not nearly as breathable as fleece. Fleece is.my all time favorite especially Windpro. Fleece is still very water repellent and I've never had a leak that wasn't my fault.

As for folding I don't fold mine in thirds and snap, it can stretch the wings sometimes. I fold in half then snap. That way there's more airflow and my wings aren't stretched around a lot of fabric.

Last edited by MothyrGrimm; 11-01-2013 at 02:45 PM.
MothyrGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote