Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #11
Registered Users
Originally Posted by coffeemama
Hmmmm interesting. Thanks for the pictures that helps. What are the measurements of the 3's? They may be perfect. Now to figure out how many and if I should get some 4's also.
The 3s are 15" x 18.5" before washing. My prefolds shrank about 1" each way after prepping. I don't have any 4s yet but the prewash dimensions for those are 16.5" x 20".

ETA: Mine do not have a waxy feel to them at all. They are really soft! I washed & dried them 5 times with Charlie's soap before using them. Also, I washed them with my bath towels during the prepping stage. I don't know if that makes any difference, but just in case...

Mama to L '07 & A '12

Last edited by Pollypocket; 09-05-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Pollypocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #12
Registered Users
We have size 2s and use them trifolding in our grovia shells. We've never had a leak and they are even awesome overnight. I wish I had ordered 3s because I can't snappi on my 6 month old. I'm currently saving to add some bigger sizes to our stash. We've never found them to be waxy. They are really, really soft and I love them. They need two cycles in the dryer but I've never tried other prefolds to know if that's normal or not.
sonya. knitter, maker, mama x three.

Last edited by rangefibers; 09-07-2013 at 12:38 PM.
rangefibers is offline   Reply With Quote