Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #1
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How do you feel about BG Freetimes...

Do they wash nicely in a FL?

How are they holding up over time?

Any issues/comments?

Any fit issues?

I have two, and like them, but I've been having bad luck with trying out a diaper, liking it, then buying more and hating it! Just wondering how people like them now that they've been out for a while.

Advertisement

and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
carverjill
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

Re: How do you feel about BG Freetimes...

LOVE!!!

I have a FL and they wash just fine w/o any crazy wash routines. They dry fast hanging overnight too! Mine are only about 3 months old or less so can't speak to how the velcro is holding up.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:52 PM   #3
kbates05
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have about 12 of them and use them at night. They seem to hold on to the smell a bit more but nothing a bit of bleach and a extra rinse or two hasn't taken care of. I have a front loader and they seem to get clean enough just fine. I like my simplex's better but the free times work pretty well and I have no complaints. Been using them for a year almost now and they still look new and I have both hook and loop and snap styles. I like that they are absorbent enough to last us all night and they aren't to bulky. So far though I have no complaints really and seem to be holding up just fine.
kbates05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
kirst
Registered Users
seller

I had 13 and recently sold them as they were too low in the rise for my tall son. I liked them overall, found they washed easily in a front loader and dried overnight on a drying rack inside. I loved not stuffing them, but disliked cleaning poop off the flaps and found it would go in the pockets sometimes. I would always avoid using them when I thought a poop was due, even with liners. I found them to be pretty trim under clothes and the snaps were wearing well... Elastic also seemed okay but my son really only wore them for 4 months as there was a long period of 6 weeks, right before he started walking, where he didn't fit in them at all. Then he grew taller and lost four pounds and fit into them for the summer.

I wish they made them with an inch more rise. I would have kept them. Not sure I'd want a full stash of just them though. And they ended up being pricey for the amount of time he could fit into them.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:15 AM   #5
qhorses8
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am having a fit issue with my now 2 year old too. But they were my daddy diapers so I really haven't tried putting them on him and seeing what the problem is. We have had poop come out the back so it may be a rise issue.

I hate cleaning the flaps but then it really isn't that much worse than cleaning some other diapers. They seem to wash decent in my front loader. I have had them a year at least but like I said - daddy diapers, so used like every other week. So far the elastic looks good to me.
Old 09-05-2013, 06:26 AM   #6
March
Registered Users
seller

The rise is kind of short and unforgiving (the short rise on the oBGE doesn't seem to matter as much somehow, I guess because of the inner materials and the way they lay), but I have two and I don't plan to let them go. I won't get more, but they're holding up fine (one will be 2 yrs old this Christmas-ish), and, like I always say, I keep all my BGs around for the color palette despite the wide cut that isn't great on my kids.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #7
bailshelb
Registered Users

I bought 6 to use as naptime/nightime diapers and they did not work for us. I felt they were too bulky and she complained when we put them on (22mo). We used them for a couple of months and then got rid of them. No issues w/ washing.
bailshelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:03 PM   #8
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love them for convenience diapers. They dry in one cycle and are absorbant and trim IMO. I have loved them on the middle and high rise settings but remember the lowest rise setting seemed awkward for me so I didnt use them when DD2 was small
Old 09-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
alaskamum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemama View Post
I love them for convenience diapers. They dry in one cycle and are absorbant and trim IMO. I have loved them on the middle and high rise settings but remember the lowest rise setting seemed awkward for me so I didnt use them when DD2 was small
Trying to decide if I want to try a snap one...the two I have are aplix and sometimes they roll in weird at the waist.
and M
alaskamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #10
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I prefer the fit of the velcro but the durability of the snaps. I have been using velcro more often even though I am a snap girl. I like both