Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #11
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama*Kim

I'm in the Seattle area. It must be a regional thing. I know of lots of babies born in the last year and only two acquaintances have done gender reveal parties.
I noticed the boom here once Pinterest started (of course)

The first two were really exciting! Lol. I'm sure for the parents it's fun

Advertisement

Old 09-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #12
yukipr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Gender reveal party?

A friends of mine threw one a couple of weeks ago (I was not invited, but saw it evolved via Facebook). They got the sex somehow in an envelope and sent that to a cake shop. On the day of the party, when they cut the cake, they were able to see the sex. It looked like it was a small party over labor day weekend. So, they might had a potluck or something similar.

Whatever you do, just try to plan ahead. You want to have another shower, go ahead. Each child should be valued the same. From where I come from, people had showers after showers, but things are so different here.

Good luck!
yukipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #13
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:

The only gender reveal things I've seen friends do were just with their immediate family, like their parents. But I'd probably go if I were invited to one, especially with cake
What the PP said about getting gn stuff is why I found out with my kids, I knew if I had a girl I would want all the girlie stuff.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #14
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My sister did one with her second child. They waited until everyone was there and they let the big sister (She was 7) announce it to everyone. They had cakeballs (I made them) that were white on the outside and pink on the inside. Other than that it was just normal party food. Some people did bring gifts. They had a poster up that people could write name suggestions on. I still threw a shower for her towards the end of the pregnancy.

Come to think of it, I think I did a gender reveal party before they were cool! My husband and I had a cook out every year from the time we were married until I was pregnant with #2 (life just got too busy I guess). We had the ultrasound that morning and the cookout that evening and announced that he was a boy then, no blue cake or anything, just had ultrasound pictures out but who knows...maybe I started a trend?

ETA: I am pregnant with boy #4, there really isn't much I need. However, a close friend wanted to do a small shower for me with friends and some family so I figured why not? It's cake, right? Then Saturday a friend from church told me she wanted to throw a shower for me with church friends. I honestly thought it was would be small, like just the ladies from Sunday school. She did a facebook event for it and invited 53 people!! It kind of makes me feel embarrassed because most of these people came to my shower 9 years ago for my oldest but they are all excited to come. I have a friend that cds too so she is collecting money from whoever wants to give to buy me some diapers and I made a list of somethings I actually do need (baby socks...where do they even go?) clothes (I gave all my 0-3 and 3-6 away last year to a mama that really needed them). Either way, it will be fun to celebrate the baby with friends and it does help to get things ready for him. If someone offers to do a shower go for it!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!

Last edited by 2boysmama; 09-18-2013 at 01:32 PM.
2boysmama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #15
BabyBeitel
Registered Users

We've thought about doing a gender reveal but worry all of my husbands family lives out of state! We might just have them on Skype during our next ultrasound and all find out together and save the money on a party
BabyBeitel is offline   Reply With Quote