Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:04 AM   #101
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Circ and Vax links information

I don't know if this has already been linked, but I came across it, and I thought it was a fabulous, informative video. Originally I put it in off-topic, sorry....clearly this thread is the right place for it!

We're a CDing (potty-learned), co-sleeping (bunk beds), extended BFing (weaned), baby-wearing (big boy-wearing), non-circing, Waldorf loving, tree-hugging, hand-me-downs-welcome Earth friendly family!
PT preschool teacher& FT Mama to my beautiful tree & our little growing sapling
aldermother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #102

I am not sure if it has been mentioned here yet...I posted this in the Top 10 Reasons thread and figured I should post it here as well... Brian J. Morris, the man who runs many pro-circ websites and FB pages and is probably the most outspoken pro-circ "advocate" is at best, a weirdo.

He was involved with The Gilgal Society, whose leader, Vernon Quinatance, was arrested for possessing child ****ography.

After Vernon's arrest, Brian Morris removed all of the Gilgal Society logos from his brochures, he removed the "circumcision humor" section which included a photo of a nude male toddler with a flip phone dangling from his foreskin, and he removed a poem written by Vernon from his site.

Here is the circumcision humor section, including that wildly inappropriate photo and Vernon's poem, from 2010:
If you click on the brochures on the right sidebar, they all display the Gilgal Society logo... here is one of them:

Brian Morris did make the mistake of leaving a strange list of Yahoo Groups on his site... If you click "Links & Resources" on his website, and go down to "Online Discussion Groups" strange groups like "eroticmalecircumcision" "circumcision****** "cuttingclub" "circumcisedkids" and "circumcisedteens" are there.

Those links have been there for years, since at least 2008:

Here is an archive of the "eroticmalecircumcision" group from 2003. the group appears to have been shut down in 2004, but Morris has not removed the link from his site. The group is a circumcision ****** group, by their own admission.

Here is an archive of "circumcision******" from 2005******/

if you look at the archive for circumcision****** from 2007, it says the group has been closed and they have moved to another website. i clicked the link and it led me to an out of date gay ****** social media type site.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #103

On Circumcision and HIV:

"Push for male circumcision in Nyanza fails to reduce infections:
The prevalence of HIV and Aids rose in Nyanza and Central provinces, according to the Kenya Aids Indicative Survey released by the Health Cabinet Secretary James Macharia on Tuesday.

But Central’s 3.8 per cent prevalence increase from the previous 3.6 per cent is a mere fraction of Nyanza’s 15.1 per cent up from 2007’s 14.9 per cent.

Nyanza’s prevalence is big enough to double the national average prevalence.

And it has happened in spite of an aggressive campaign to have male circumcision as a strategy to reduce new infections in the region."

"There appears to be no clear pattern of association between male circumcision and HIV
prevalence. In 8 of 18 countries with data, as expected, HIV prevalence is lower among circumcised men,
while in the remaining 10 countries HIV prevalence is higher among circumcised men. "

" Circumcision of HIV-infected men did not reduce HIV transmission to female partners over 24 months; longer-term effects could not be assessed. Condom use after male circumcision is essential for HIV prevention."

Last edited by JustSomeChickVee; 09-21-2013 at 06:55 PM.
JustSomeChickVee is offline   Reply With Quote