Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2013, 06:48 PM   #1
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Is this too petty?

I really want to send our Born at Home birth announcement to the OB who refused to do my prenatal care and told me I only had a 7% chance of VBAC. Too passive-aggressive?

Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
4boys1girlforme
Registered Users
Previously: 4boysforme
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is this too petty?

Nah- I considered sending a letter to the OB who told me that due to my single layer closure c-section he wouldn't allow me to VBAC and neither would any other OB- guess what? I've had 2 VBAC's (without incident) since!
Lee Ann RN student/ SAHM to Jaret '00, Spencer '03, Preston '05 (CLW at 37 months), Griffin '08 by VBAC (CLW at 21 months), & Mallory '10 by VBAC (CLW at 43 months)! Formerly tandem & bfing for a combined total of nearly 11 years! Also cloth diapering & baby wearingMy HUGE FSOT
4boys1girlforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would do it but most likely they won't even remember who you are so it would just waste an announcement.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #4
tjs77tsa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't send a birth announcement I would call and ask to talk to the Dr and tell them but I am just like that I signed myself out of 2 different Dr offices where they were insisting that I be put in an ambulance and transported an hour and a half to a teaching hospital because they refused to provide me care.
tjs77tsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Probably won't do anything to change the docs mind.
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:56 PM   #6
serenas_song
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If I'm successful, I think I will probably be sending my old OB office a letter.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I understand the desire, but drs have to do what's in their best clinical judgement, because they are the ones responsible if anything goes wrong and they don't have any business doing something outside their professional comfort zone. Cant really fault them for that. It's fantastic that you were successful, but that OB didn't want to take the risk of unsuccessful. Maybe the knowledge that that OB wasn't the right fit for you and move on. I'm sure the OB would be happy for you having a successful birth, they may even be happy to hear from you, and wondering what had happened. I doubt it would encourage him/her to get more training and start doing more VBAC though.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #8
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would feel the same way as you, but honestly, it's not going to change anything, and you'll just look witchy. IF you wanted to honestly educate him, rather than just shove it in his face (which I'm totally cool with, lol), I'd send him a letter. Simply telling him your experience and stating while he obviously is on one side of the fence, he might learn to be a little more open to the other side.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #9
shan1212
Registered Users
seller

I thought about sending a letter too. Luckily the fates intervened and my husband ran into my old OB one month after my VBAC. She was in his office building for business and they looked at each other and were like, "How do I know you?" Then he introduced himself and she knew exactly who he was and asked how the birth went. He said she looked genuinely surprised that I had been successful, and she even remembered my due date (at my last appointment she didn't even remember if I was having a girl or a boy, so she must have looked more closely at my file after I left . . . if so, I give her credit for that).
Old 10-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #10
Rina Roo
Registered Users

I doubt they would even acknowledge it.
Rina Roo is offline   Reply With Quote