Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Transverse Lie Stories?

Has anyone had a pregnancy where baby was transverse near term? Did you end up delivering by CS or were you able to turn baby?

My 38 weeker has been transverse at our last two NSTs and I'm scheduled for induction next saturday. They haven't said anything about doing a cesarean so I think they're assuming he'll just turn or they'll attempt an ECV.

I've been doing all the Spinning Babies exercises for correcting a transverse lie and so far he seems to be just chilling in his place. :-/

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
weesej
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Transverse Lie Stories?

How are you doing? You probably aren't going to hear very many stories about this one. If labor starts with baby transverse you will need a C-section. If they can get baby positioned right and then start labor you have a chance. There might be a very good reason he is where he is too. Hope things go well for you!

"It's not healthy to have spirochetes eating away at your brain" What do you know about Lyme?
weesej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
neuro_mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My lo was transverse at 35 weeks. I can't quite remember when he turned but it was somewhere around 36 or 37 weeks. I did all the exercises too to try to get him to turn. Don't know if they helped or not but he turned in time for a normal delivery. I remember feeling miserable though while he was tranverse. It felt like I was carrying a watermelon. Also, looked like it too! Good luck mama and I'll be praying that your baby turns soon!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #4
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My niece is transverse right now. My sister is 34 weeks, almost 35 weeks. I am pretty worried she won't turn, so I will be following this thread to read stories.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:39 PM   #5
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

My dd was transverse until 35 weeks. I actually have it on video when she turned. It was the craziest thing to watch! My belly was moving and a' shaking! I did lots and lots of yoga and tons of inversions. Down dog was great because it really lengthened my torso. I also did some of the spinning babies exercises.
yogamama28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Dd was transverse and we had a cs. It was scheduled for other reasons, but the ob said she would have needed it anyway. We got a happy, healthy baby and the recovery was easy. Dd did have some hip issues, but they worked out on their own. The cloth diapers did help with that ;-)
Old 09-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #7
mommypockets
Registered Users
seller

My dd2 was transverse until about 36.5-weeks. I had been doing Webster at the chiropractor 2x/wk since 20-wks and practically living upside down. In the end, she never completely turned vertex! She simply put her head down with body still out sideways! It was enough to be born, however!
mommypockets is offline   Reply With Quote