Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #1
Goldcountry-cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
miscarriage with no pain?

I had a miscarriage in may this year and I was severly in pain for a week before it happened. I am wondering if anyone felt great in the early week's and still had a miscarriage in the first trimester. I'm 7 weeks now and want to tell all my family and friends but worried something will happen.

Advertisement

Goldcountry-cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
mommagruber
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am so sorry about your loss!!

I had a loss this June - and had no pain at all. Very slight spotting, which I dismissed, because I had spotting my pregnancy with my youngest and it was a healthy pregnancy. Then my symptoms seemed to 'disappear', so I went to the ER on Fathers Day just to check it out. During this time, my grandfather had been moved to hospice care, so it was a very stressful time and I was attributing a lot to the stress. At the ER I was measuring at 6 weeks and should've been 9 - ultrasound didnt show a heartbeat. I made midwife appointments following that an to make a long story short, I ended up having a D&C on my oldest sons birthday, which was also two days before my grandfather's funeral. I still was not having any pain, very slight bleeding, but my midwife didnt want me to wait much longer for my body to recognize the miscarriage, because it had already been a few weeks.
So, answer to your question, I did have a m/c without pain, but there were other signs present.
www.hyenacart.com/littlebitbusy
mommagruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #3
Goldcountry-cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm just worried this time around that even though I feel great, no pain or sickness, something will happen in the next few weeks. I hate holding it in from everyone since I'm excited, but I'm still very nervous. Gosh, with my toddler son I was not aware of all the things that could go wrong. I feel like I'm already showing tho and my pregnancy test the pregnant line was so dark all 4 times it took a lot of the blue ink from the test line. I just want it to be real this time
Old 09-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
chandni3
Registered Users
seller

Re: miscarriage with no pain?

I didn't have any pain until during the miscarriage, I did have spotting and bleeding and was diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrage but there was a little bean with a beating heart. The bleeding had stopped for two weeks before I lost the baby so I thought everything was ok. I know others who didn't know anything was wrong until the 12 weeks ultrasound and others who everything seemed to be going fine until 12 weeks.
I know it's hard and scary, but honestly, I'd wait until 12 weeks (unless you want their support if you miscarry).
Did you get checked for the severe pain last time? That is often a sign of an etopic pregnancy which can be very dangerous.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/PumpkinsandMe
Montessori and Waldorf Inspired Toys

Last edited by chandni3; 09-24-2013 at 08:35 PM.
chandni3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
mommagruber
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I know it's much easier said than done, but try not to worry. I am currently 5 weeks - I go in tomorrow for a repeat hcg and I have an ultrasound in two weeks to make sure things look 'right' - but having had three m/c prior to this pregnancy, I can't help but to worry!
www.hyenacart.com/littlebitbusy
mommagruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #6
Goldcountry-cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My doctors don't want to see patients before 10 weeks. So I still have 3 weeks to go til my appointment to check anything. They havent done bloodwork or anything. When I had pain last time, I went to the er and they told me it was fine and did blood work and I was at 66 and considered pregnant. Four days later, with not being able to eat much and in severe pain I went back for spotting to a different hospital. They said they didn't know why I was in so much pain, but I did miscarry. I try not to worry this time, since that was my only miscarriage. Its hard to not wonder about everything tho.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:18 AM   #7
mary78
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldcountry-cloth View Post
I had a miscarriage in may this year and I was severly in pain for a week before it happened. I am wondering if anyone felt great in the early week's and still had a miscarriage in the first trimester. I'm 7 weeks now and want to tell all my family and friends but worried something will happen.
same happened to my friend..pain, too much of it! but she felt ok soon after.
mary78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #8
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had a 6wk mc...I was w/ an RE, so frequent appts. My hcg was almost doubling properly, but there was no hb @ 6 wks, so they had me come in for a few extra blood draws & that's when my numbers leveled off. They decided a week later that this was a mc. It took me a couple more weeks to start spotting & even at it's worst, the bleeding still wasn't bad. I felt yucky, but no pain.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:53 AM   #9
NewbieSAHM
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had a miscarriage at 4 weeks, 6 days on this fort day of DH and my first vacation together ever! I opted to just try to ignore it and hope for the best. I had to change pads about every hour, was exhausted, but no pain and we spent the day taking the metro into DC and walking all around the nation's Capitol. I had light, light bleeding prior to that day an then the one day of it was heavy.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #10
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a m/c at 5 weeks yet we already knew it was gonna happen since it was being followed with blood work. I had a D&C. No prior pain or bleeding.

My first m/c was at 11 weeks and I was bleeding and in severe pain. Ended up being tubal pregnancy that ruptured.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote