Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #131
JSMommie
Registered Users

Re: do "baby wearers" never use a stroller?

I used a sling a lot for my first child. As she got older we moved to the stroller because she could see better and it kept her happy. I tried wearing for my second baby (DS) but he only liked it for a short time. He is now almost six months old and we put him in the stroller only. So for us, it just depended on what the kids preferred.

Advertisement

JSMommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #132
Mommyto2B2G
Registered Users
Formerly: **kau*
seller

My Mood:
I have a stroller and had good intentions of using it but I can't get her to stay in it. The first time I tried she screamed and I got so anxious I haven't tried again. . I wear her everywhere though. She may have just been mad because that is our routine.
Mommyto2B2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #133
lyia81
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I totally use both. Depends on the situation as to what I'll use.
lyia81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #134
kay226
Registered Users
seller

I use both almost equally. The SSC is awesome when I go out w/ baby in someone else's car (like w/ my mom) and don't want to load up and unload the stroller. I use it for grocery trips where a cart is handier, at home when baby is fussy, and on short walks. I use the stroller for longer walks and outings like the fair, the zoo, etc. I'm definitely glad that I have both. I used the stroller a lot too when baby was a newborn since it was cold and it was just easy to put sleeping baby in carseat right on the stroller to do shopping trips or walks. I highly recommend having both, as there are situations where one is better than the other. You'll find out what's more convenient in each situation as you go.
kay226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #135
VitisVa
Registered Users
seller

I use my stroller depending on where we go. Like when we go to the state fair or to the zoo because I feel like tired little legs are an inevitability.

Earlier this summer we went to the zoo on a really hot day and I was concerned my little guy my overheat so I was happy to have the stroller as an option.

The stroller can also be a nice option to wrangle a toddler. However after having worn my youngest in a sling and put my older in a stroller to go to a WIC farmers market I can say I wish I'd just worn both for that particular event
VitisVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #136
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyleah87 View Post
I love baby wearing around the house or places that aren't convenient for a stroller, but do you guys ever use strollers? why or why not?

for me I love having a cup holder. haha
This exactly. I've dripped too much iced coffee on my baby's head to justify babywearing 100%. Although he was 3-4 months before he actually fit the stroller, we didn't do a bucket seat.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 08:14 AM   #137
AmandaHW
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a jogging stroller for my older ones, and plan to have one for this baby too. For newborns, I almost exclusively babywear...for older babies it depends on the activity. Even when I am wearing the baby most of the time, I like having the stroller with me... for shopping (place to put my stuff!) or a nap if we are out. And I will again. In reality, this child will have two older siblings who are in all sorts of sports and activities. It just isn't practical to think that I can wear him all the time (at least not for me and my family).
Also, it gets REALLY hot (100+) here in the summer and when we go places like amusement parks, the zoo, etc it makes for very sweaty babies and mamas if I babywear all day.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #138
VitisVa
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palooka View Post
This exactly. I've dripped too much iced coffee on my baby's head to justify babywearing 100%. Although he was 3-4 months before he actually fit the stroller, we didn't do a bucket seat.
Ive dropped a lot of lettuce or alfalfa sprouts on my kids. Pepperoni once ...
VitisVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:40 PM   #139
miriamleigh
Registered Users

I almost never use a stroller, except at the airport and now that I'm 7 months pregnant and have a 35 lbs toddler and a 4 year old. I don't because it aggravates a problem I have with my pelvis called symphysis pubic dysfunction. Why pushing a stroller hurts and wearing a baby doesn't is beyond me. I have no philosophical reasons for not using one though
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:07 AM   #140
BiskMama
Registered Users
seller

I do sometimes. When it's hot or I know we'll be walking a crazy distance. The only reason I BW at all is just because it is easier to carry Dd than miniver a stroller. Strollers are not evil.
BiskMama is offline   Reply With Quote