Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2013, 10:50 AM   #131
Lisamomof7
Registered Users
Formerly: Lisamomof6

My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ Fall Chatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsgreen View Post
Positive OPK this afternoon and cervix is high soft and open ..it's baby making time I hope it works this time. Had to share with ppl who would understand my excitement
Good luck!

Congrats Jillypants!

Advertisement

I love essential oils & sell them too! http://mydoterra.com/thesweetlife
Lisamomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #132
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetppolly
Well, her numbers were good yesterday 2500 but 2200 today. She had low estrogen and progesterone today and it had been normal. I wish they could figure out how to make her babies stick.
Oh no. I am so sad for her. This has to be extra hard for you at this time as well. Big hugs. Hoping for a miracle.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #133
Nangirl17
Registered Users
seller

Any of you ttc-ers have partners that are less into the whole ttc thing than you are? I was talking to dh yesterday about what his feelings were about fertility testing (we've been ttc for 5 months) and he was not at all eager and slightly evasive about the whole topic. I was rather disappointed - I would love to make a plan for when we would seek out testing and consider treatment. I know with a plan I'd be more relaxed about the whole thing.

He is not one to make decisions quickly at all, so maybe with a bit more time for the whole idea to percolate he would be more receptive...

I know that he's okay with trying for a baby (he has made belly rubbing remarks, which he never did until I was 5 months pg with ds - he didn't even want to talk about the pregnancy until I was 4 months!), so this is a bit puzzling to me....

Right now I'm going to accept where he's at and bring it up again in a month or two and see what he says then.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:10 PM   #134
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nangirl17
Any of you ttc-ers have partners that are less into the whole ttc thing than you are? I was talking to dh yesterday about what his feelings were about fertility testing (we've been ttc for 5 months) and he was not at all eager and slightly evasive about the whole topic. I was rather disappointed - I would love to make a plan for when we would seek out testing and consider treatment. I know with a plan I'd be more relaxed about the whole thing.

He is not one to make decisions quickly at all, so maybe with a bit more time for the whole idea to percolate he would be more receptive...

I know that he's okay with trying for a baby (he has made belly rubbing remarks, which he never did until I was 5 months pg with ds - he didn't even want to talk about the pregnancy until I was 4 months!), so this is a bit puzzling to me....

Right now I'm going to accept where he's at and bring it up again in a month or two and see what he says then.
The first year of TTC this time was like that with DH. He didn't like feeling used or feeling inferior Even though with my PCOS, it is probably me that has caused the MCs and infertility. It is definitely different experience for the men. I have seen several girls post and my DH talk about feeling "too much" pressure and only wanted for the sperm not enjoying each other as partners. Hugs. Hopefully soon he will understand that you need to talk about it and work on a plan. Maybe going ahead and talking with your OB/MW about what their normal next steps are for testing so he can see what a plan looks like?
Old 09-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #135
BCsMom
Registered Users
seller

My DH can go back and forth. I thought we had agreed to TTC #2 back in the spring and I went off the pill, and then like a month later he had no recollection that we had made that agreement! And then he waffled, but I was firm, and now he's totally on board. With our DS, it did take him a couple months to warm up when I first found out I was pregnant. So it could be a personality thing.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #136
kateroc
Registered Users
seller

Hey ladies -- I introduced myself awhile back but have just kinda been lurking ever since. Anyway, I'm Kate, I'm 34 and we're ttc #3. I've been loving following everyone's stories (congrats Jillypants!)

I'm curious about anyone who's had experience with natural progesterone cream? After month 2 of ttc (which was my first month charting), I realized I had a short-ish lp (10 days with a day or so of spotting before). My doctor suggested I start vitex, which I did for cycle #3. I also added a b-100 complex, vit C, and NPC after O (even though my doctor basically told me that natural progesterone creams are pretty useless).

I got a BFN today at 13dpo , so I didn't bother with the NPC today and I guess I'll just wait for AF (feeling like probably later today...). Anyway, even if AF comes today, I'm thrilled that my lp has lengthened (well, I'd be more thrilled with a bfp, but you know...) I'm wondering if I should bother with the NPC next month? It's kind of expensive and all the faux pg symptoms it gave me really messed with my head. Plus, my doc did tell me it's useless. So I'm leaning toward skipping it this coming cycle, but i wanted to know if anyone else felt it was really important or worth sticking with it??

thanks ladies!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:23 AM   #137
Nangirl17
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedcgh View Post
The first year of TTC this time was like that with DH. He didn't like feeling used or feeling inferior Even though with my PCOS, it is probably me that has caused the MCs and infertility. It is definitely different experience for the men. I have seen several girls post and my DH talk about feeling "too much" pressure and only wanted for the sperm not enjoying each other as partners. Hugs. Hopefully soon he will understand that you need to talk about it and work on a plan. Maybe going ahead and talking with your OB/MW about what their normal next steps are for testing so he can see what a plan looks like?
Thanks for the support! It is helpful to think about his perspective too.... so thanks for bringing me around to that!
Old 09-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #138
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateroc
Hey ladies -- I introduced myself awhile back but have just kinda been lurking ever since. Anyway, I'm Kate, I'm 34 and we're ttc #3. I've been loving following everyone's stories (congrats Jillypants!)

I'm curious about anyone who's had experience with natural progesterone cream? After month 2 of ttc (which was my first month charting), I realized I had a short-ish lp (10 days with a day or so of spotting before). My doctor suggested I start vitex, which I did for cycle #3. I also added a b-100 complex, vit C, and NPC after O (even though my doctor basically told me that natural progesterone creams are pretty useless).

I got a BFN today at 13dpo , so I didn't bother with the NPC today and I guess I'll just wait for AF (feeling like probably later today...). Anyway, even if AF comes today, I'm thrilled that my lp has lengthened (well, I'd be more thrilled with a bfp, but you know...) I'm wondering if I should bother with the NPC next month? It's kind of expensive and all the faux pg symptoms it gave me really messed with my head. Plus, my doc did tell me it's useless. So I'm leaning toward skipping it this coming cycle, but i wanted to know if anyone else felt it was really important or worth sticking with it??

thanks ladies!
Kate I haven't personally used NPC. I had considered it but my MW said for the cost it is usually not worth it for most. Especially if you haven't been confirmed to have low progesterone. Vitex takes several cycles to regulate as well. Hoping you have a late implanter and if not at least your LP was longer. I know I have seen people say they take it and as soon as they stop, AF shows so it has to do something right?
Old 09-25-2013, 07:30 PM   #139
BCsMom
Registered Users
seller

I swear that my body has just decided to never let me figure out anything. CD15 yesterday and I had a little "clot" of very light-pink CM when I went to the bathroom. Today, it looks like AF started - had to use a tampon. After a 40 day cycle, then a 50 day cycle, I now have a 15 day cycle??? No other signs of anything I can detect. Very little noticeable CM in the past couple weeks, though what I've seen has tended to be "clumpy". Also dealing with what seems to be a never-ending yeast infection or something. Good thing I already have a doctor's appointment scheduled for next week.

I'm just hoping that someone in this group is having better luck this month!!!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:00 PM   #140
Michele123
Registered Users
seller

Yikes. Summer got busy and I lost track of time. I can't believe it's been two months since I posted. Last month I turned 32. I started night weaning DD at the start of September and a week later I ovulated. I took a test a few days ago, the day before AF was supposed to start, and got a BFP! This was on our own with no meds! (Had primary infertility before DD). I'm super excited but with PCOS and my age, also cautious. Thanks for letting me hang out with you ladies!
Michele123 is offline   Reply With Quote