Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2013, 07:26 AM   #21
greenMImama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread ~ Sep 23 - Sep 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi View Post
I just realized with the upcoming expenses, if we wait til the first and pay the deductible it will completely drain our bef and probably add to the cc debt. I wonder if its wise to wait a month til the military pay starts kicking in and then we could cash flow it?
I would if it's only a month and you don't have to wait for like 6mo for a previous condition clause or something.

Advertisement

240/2014
greenMImama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #22
greenMImama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I just realized with the upcoming expenses, if we wait til the first and pay the deductible it will completely drain our bef and probably add to the cc debt. I wonder if its wise to wait a month til the military pay starts kicking in and then we could cash flow it?
I would if it's only a month and you don't have to wait for like 6mo for a previous condition clause or something.

240/2014
Old 09-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #23
mariposablue
Registered Users
seller

I haven't been doing much but think by sticking around here I will be inspired and learn some things. We haven't done grocery shopping this week so I am having peanut butter sandwiches for lunch which is good and cheap. We'll probably go this wknd. again.

I have earnd about $50 at swagbucks. I just need to change my name with paypal so I can get it. Gonna go fax the information now.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:39 AM   #24
greenMImama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposablue View Post
I haven't been doing much but think by sticking around here I will be inspired and learn some things. We haven't done grocery shopping this week so I am having peanut butter sandwiches for lunch which is good and cheap. We'll probably go this wknd. again.

I have earnd about $50 at swagbucks. I just need to change my name with paypal so I can get it. Gonna go fax the information now.
wow $50 is great! good job.

240/2014
Old 09-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #25
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been MIA for a short while. DH's new job is paid bi-weekly rather than weekly, so we've been in survival mode for almost a month now. His first paycheck is this Friday! I've got the budget set for the next 2 months, assuming nothing new or extra comes up.

Little bit of back story: My mom got into a car accident 18+ months ago. The people ran, but they were caught, driving w/o a license, possessing drugs, with warrants, ect. ect. When she called me and said she got in a wreck we left home immediately so we could get to her asap, pulling the sleeping toddler out of bed. I took her to the grocery store, bought her food, and drove her around while her car was in the shop. She was out of work for a while. It was really tough on her both physically and emotionally. I love my mom, I'd do this for her again in a heartbeat. She's been expecting a 12k+ settlement for some time, her lawyer just had to get all his ducks in a row. She is getting it next week and she called this morning to tell me she wants to pay off my biggest debt. $1,350 left that we owe on our furniture. I'm so, so touched!! Like I said, I never wanted anything in return from her, but this is such a blessing. This frees up $100 a month for our snowball. And reduces our debt by 50%.
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #26
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacsMom2009 View Post
Every week I post the post that starts the new thread for the week. I have to admit, I've been doing this so long (doing the post and 'following' Dave Ramsey) that I never read it. I just copy and paste it.

Well, this morning I read it and realized that after all of my years of hard work, life has thrown me back into Pre-step 1. And what's even more sad is that I've been at this step for a while and didn't even realize it.

I'm still waiting to pay DS's September tuition (need funds to clear my bank before I write the check) and October is coming due soon. I finally managed to pay all the minimums on my bills, but it took so long to do it that those are now coming due again as well.

I've been so sick with this kidney stone that I've missed several days of work, and I don't make that much to begin with. XH is still unemployed with no job prospects, food stamps is fighting me on providing benefits because XH and I still live together, and Medi-Cal is taking their sweet time approving me and the hospital is breathing down my neck for payment for my ER visit which is now over 9K for everyone involved (hospital, Dr, CAT scan). My headlight in my car is still on the fritz ($125 repair if I do it myself), my dog needs to be groomed, DS is running out of stuff for his lunches....

I feel like I'm drowning... I AM drowning.

I'm looking at the BEF step and thinking "Even $500 seems impossible right now" :-(

I know things will get better, but I just feel so helpless and I hate that.
Things will get better. I'm sorry it's so tough for you right now. The food stamps people should understand that you and your ex prepare food separately. I'm sorry they aren't being more understanding about your situation.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #27
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Well Im getting a hearing aid! Woohoo!!! Insurance will pay 100% of whatever the allowable charge is...but we dont know if that will be 10$ or 5k, ya know? I should find that out today. The other thing is the new fiscal year starts Oct 1 so the deductible resets. I can pick a device before then and pay nothing or wait til the 1st and meet the deductible for the next year. Its1k, then everything minus premiums are covered 100%. With 3 kids we meet that every year....so its either pay it now or pay it later.

Does that make any sense whatsoever? Lol Tricare is a completely different animal altogether. I understand how they operate but explaining it is waaay over my pay grade lol.
I'm so happy for you that you are getting what you need to hear better!!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #28
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposablue View Post

Could you explain swagbucks? I've been interested in it, but don't really understand how it works.
Old 09-25-2013, 11:46 AM   #29
greenMImama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Billie, that is so sweet of your mom, to see how much you helped her and wants to help you guys out, very cool!

240/2014
Old 09-25-2013, 05:08 PM   #30
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Billie that is nice of your mom. And good for you for helping her out she obviously is so thankful.

Afm not much going on. I need to organize the finances better and make time to do it instead of making excuses. We are doing well though and dhs company just made a huge move which means good things for us but hopefully not another physical move. We will know more in a couple of months. I hate the not knowing part.

Knowing more about our finances and having a plan has made things less daunting. I get frustrated though when I look at the mortgage and more goes toward interst then principal each month. Can not wait to get other debts taken care of and get pmi down bc after that I fell it will be a breeze!
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote