Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Unhappy Pulled the girls out of girl scouts....

The girls went to two meetings(5&7 both daisies) and had tons of fun. We missed last night bc dhand i are sharing my car and he wasnt home on time. It was some sort of recommitment ceremony or something. So anyways late last night our friend whose dd is also in the group was calling but it was bedtime so i didnt answer she sent me a looooong text today that the leader was talking about my 5 YEAR OLD in a negative way(keep in mind i know she is very hyperactive, so i stayed right outside the room during the meeting so i could keep an eye on her, and the leader always said she was great when i asked) saying she was out of control" and we "needed to teach her to behave better" because she is a "distraction".

shes FIVE. The only time she has been rowdy is on the playground AFTER meetings. so i pulled them out im not sure how to tell them

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pulled the girls out of girl scouts....

I wouldn't pull them out. I'd make her deal with it, even though you said there wasn't a problem during the meeting. I'd also continue to ask her how the behavior was and if there were any problems. Might even say something about hearing through the grapevine that she had an issue with your dd's behavior and ask her for specific examples along with a reminder that if there is an issue that it should be discussed with you and only you. No way I would give her the satisfaction of pulling them out. I would be a thorn in her side.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #3
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Can you start your own troop or find another in your council? I wouldn't pull them, I think you could find a better troop. Or, if you can, start your own? Daisies don't need a lot work and at least in our council a troop only needs 4 girls to be considered a troop.

Which reminds me, I need to find out about getting Rae Rae started, if she should start this year since she will be 5 or next year since that's when she will start Kindergarten...
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4
I wouldn't pull them out. I'd make her deal with it, even though you said there wasn't a problem during the meeting. I'd also continue to ask her how the behavior was and if there were any problems. Might even say something about hearing through the grapevine that she had an issue with your dd's behavior and ask her for specific examples along with a reminder that if there is an issue that it should be discussed with you and only you. No way I would give her the satisfaction of pulling them out. I would be a thorn in her side.
Well the whole troop is upset. Most of the girls have been pulled already I think her daughter is the only one left. ( there were 10-12) so I'm thinking I may have heard a watered down version through the grapevine. They are also super disorganized in meetings and events. We are looking into other options. My "mom" has a troop but its an hour away but we may go that since its only twice a month. Hers is organized and the girls actually do events and stuff as a group.
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
Old 09-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #5
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Can you start your own troop or find another in your council? I wouldn't pull them, I think you could find a better troop. Or, if you can, start your own? Daisies don't need a lot work and at least in our council a troop only needs 4 girls to be considered a troop.

Which reminds me, I need to find out about getting Rae Rae started, if she should start this year since she will be 5 or next year since that's when she will start Kindergarten...
Old 09-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post

oh no i didnt mean pulled from girl scouts entirely just that one troop we are looking into doing our own, joining my "mom's" or having the girls be Juliette's this year(independent girl scouts) and still being able to earn badges and do the girl scout council events. definitely something i want them involved in but i cant have them with someone who doesnt have the patience to be dealing with kids and then bad mouths them. my 5 year old is active. but she is the sweetest, kindest, most giving child you will meet. just bounces around like tigger most of the time we joined this particular group with their friend(who is a lot like makaela but w/o the impulse control bc she is slightly autistic) and her mom is very uncomfortable knowing that if she is talkiing about kaela shes probably talking about her dd also(which is just WRONG). there's also a group at their school and one in the neighborhood acroos thestreet, so no shortage of options.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #7
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

that is so horrible, and so NOT what GS is supposed to be at all. I'm glad you're looking into other options because I think it's a fantastic experience for little girls. I grew up in Girl Scouts, my mom was a troop leader, etc. I learned so much from it.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #8
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Ok good. I love Girl Scouts and am very supportive if it. I hate when one crappy person can ruin something great for kids like that. Even if you have to work as Juliettes that's great that the option is out there.
Old 09-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #9
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

Not everyone is cut out to work with five year olds. Especially if they haven't had a lot of experience with many different kids.

Every adult talks bad about certain kids from time to time. It's just human nature when things aren't going well, we let outside frustrations turn into bigger frustrations. Heck, one bad PMS day can make an adult say or do mean things they wouldn't have said or done the week before.

It sounds like this particular troop leader just doesn't have what it takes to lead a group. If she's expecting little perfect girls who want to sit and read or sew, she's going to find that her ideal group doesn't exist. Maybe in her own house it does. But, not out in reality.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:36 PM   #10
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage
Not everyone is cut out to work with five year olds. Especially if they haven't had a lot of experience with many different kids.

Every adult talks bad about certain kids from time to time. It's just human nature when things aren't going well, we let outside frustrations turn into bigger frustrations. Heck, one bad PMS day can make an adult say or do mean things they wouldn't have said or done the week before.

It sounds like this particular troop leader just doesn't have what it takes to lead a group. If she's expecting little perfect girls who want to sit and read or sew, she's going to find that her ideal group doesn't exist. Maybe in her own house it does. But, not out in reality.
Oh I completely understand and agree. This is just the last straw. And why volunteer if you can't deal with other five year olds lol? She's been short and snappy with them since day one do I don't see it as burnt out, kwim? But I just needed to vent