Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-26-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Any primal or paleo families? need ideas

I am thinking of moving to a more primal or paleo diet. This is mostly for me but I'd like to find meals that will work for me and my family so I am not making separate meals everyday.

My problem is I have a picky 4 yr old who only wants to eat pizza, pancakes or hamburgers. Luckily she enjoys all 3 when I make them from scratch so that is a better option than a mix or pizza hut/mcdonalds. But I'd like to somehow get her to eat more variety. One great thing is she will eat almost any fruit and a some raw veggies. She doesn't like any cooked veggies. Raw she likes... carrots, cucumbers, all colors of peppers, cherry tomatoes. I have trouble with meat with her though. She does not like chicken or really any meat that is not ground. She likes any type of sausage, she also like bacon. But I am not okay with sausage and bacon daily so I am at a loss there. She is ok with meatballs or meatloaf sometimes. She also does not like any kind of soup. She wasn't picky as a toddler this has just started over the past year or so. She keeps getting pickier and pickier. My 7 yr old is also getting pickier with age but not quite as bad.

I am looking for some primal (we will do dairy) or paleo ideas for any meal/snacks that may please my picky 4 yr old but also work for myself and my 7 yr old who is a little more open to trying things. New ways of serving ground meats or ideas to get her to at least try chicken, pork or beef not ground. She doesn't even like chicken nuggets (I make homemade ones).

TIA for any ideas

SAHM to Liliana 01-13-06 &
Gabriela 10-15-08
CarrieAnn0413 is offline   Reply With Quote