Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
Registered Users
forty one weeks and counting

I'm expecting my first baby just about any day now. My "guess date" was September 21st. A week ago.

I've done everything to get labor going. Walking until my feet hurt, sex, spicy foods, pineapple, bouncing, nipple play and it isn't happening. I'm having occasional contractions and lots of effacement but nothing consistent.

I'm planning a home birth with a CNM and she doesn't usually induce. She hasn't "checked" me yet (it increases risk for infection so she doesn't usually do so until labor has started or if I request) but Monday she is having me go in for an ultrasound to make sure the placenta is still good and I think I'm gonna ask to be "checked" then.

I'm just really feeling like this is never going to happen and trying my best to be patient and positive. I've got all these cute diapers I can't wait to use!

Last edited by daisyfrost; 09-28-2013 at 08:07 PM.
daisyfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
I was 3 weeks late with my first, my water broke but without any contraction or other signs of labor. I wouldn't worry about it unless you are uncomfortable. I wouldn't go by the due date, the baby will come when he/she is ready. (He was a huge healthy baby and I had him vaginally without any complications)

That is discounting the high risk pregnancies, but I'm assuming you are not one of them, if your doctor/midwife is attentive and isn't concerned, you should just relax and enjoy the extra few days of baby-free days.
MamaWeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:46 PM   #3
Registered Users
I can relate, I was where you are a little under two weeks ago. Not much to do really. I walked but nothing got labor started and I had an induction at 41 weeks 2 days
karikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:26 AM   #4
Registered Users
My baby came 9 days late. We went in on a Monday 41 week appointment and the ultrasound looked great. My midwife said do you want me to strip your membranes? I didn't really want her too but we walked the mall a bunch & nothing happened & DH wouldn't touch me lol he is very freaked about pregnancy & birth (he was in the waiting room when I was in labor & during her birth). So I reluctantly said yes. 24 hrs my labor started & then 14 hrs later dd was here! We used hypnobabies and it was great!!
Congrats & good luck
Cute belly pic
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
Registered Users
Re: forty one weeks and counting

It will happen! I am 41.6 and trying to be patient also. My other two were ten days over and I had no signs of I pending labor until labor. Sometimes perfection takes a little bit longer
maddogabeplusone is offline   Reply With Quote