Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #11
Registered Users
Re: Nutritional yeast

We love nutritional yeast on nearly anything - veggies, pizza, popcorn, salads... It's not exactly a sub for parm, but it does add a little something. Most grocery stores carry it in their bulk section (don't mistakenly get brewers yeast - they're not the same) and since it weighs almost nothing, it's worth it to spend a couple dollars to try it.

gingermum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:56 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Love it on popcorn! And pizza!
Ls84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #13
Registered Users
My Mood:

In small amounts, like toppings, its a decent replacement. But as far as using it for more of a main ingredient like mac and cheese... I don't like it. Could be that I don't know how to work with it... but by itself it's not nearly as good as cheese.
Mommamojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:23 AM   #14
Registered Users

We love Nutritional Yeast in our house. We make a "cheesy type thing" we call Poor Man's Parmesan. I mix generous amounts of sea salt, and equal amounts of Nutritional Yeast and sesame seeds in a blender. Don't over blend, you don't want pasty, just enough to grind up the sesame seeds and mix it all together. I wouldn't eat it by itself, but on soups it's really good.

Our addictive favorite food is pop corn made on the stove top with coconut oil (the refined kind so it doesn't taste of coconut,) we pour olive oil on it, sea salt and generous amounts of Nutritional Yeast, I also like Chile Powder on mine to give an extra kick. It's SO good, I want to go make some now!

Besides it's yummy flavor, (not exactly like cheese, but similar,) it's really good for you.
cutestbabyboy is offline   Reply With Quote