Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #51
KatieB621
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Aug 13 Weekly Chat: 9/30 - 10/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by s@hmommy View Post
Katie, I got the implant after dd1 and it was painless. I could just feel a tugging sensation.

It looks like the reflux is what slowed Paige down on her weight gain, she gained nearly a pound in the week she has been on it. She seems much happier as well.
Got the implant put in yesterday. My arm is black and blue, but it didn't hurt going in. Last night it hurt pretty bad, but turns out it was because of the stupid bandage. When I took the bandage off this morning the thing had stuck to where they had inserted the implant and every time I moved my arm the bandage would shift very slightly and then pull on the spot where they had inserted the implant. Today has been much better and it hasn't hurt me at all. It just looks awful!

Did you like it when you had it before?

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #52
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieB621 View Post

Got the implant put in yesterday. My arm is black and blue, but it didn't hurt going in. Last night it hurt pretty bad, but turns out it was because of the stupid bandage. When I took the bandage off this morning the thing had stuck to where they had inserted the implant and every time I moved my arm the bandage would shift very slightly and then pull on the spot where they had inserted the implant. Today has been much better and it hasn't hurt me at all. It just looks awful!

Did you like it when you had it before?
Not really, I bled almost none stop for the whole year I had it. Not a ton but enough that I had it removed early. I don't do well with any hormonal birth control though.
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #53
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
That's why I'm glad dh decided he didn't want me on hormone pills the rest if my life so he wanted to get "fixed"

***I know how to write, my iPod does not***
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #54
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Nathaniel likes to be held all the time. Doesn't like daddy much so it has to be me. Normally naps and bed time are on me. So me having time to do anything without N strapped to me are rare. Right now he is in his carseat having a nap. However he sleeps well at night because we co-sleep.

Sorry about the arm Katie! I am lucky that I don't need any hormones till I am done breastfeeding. Do you think I can breastfeed till N is 10? No chance of pregnancy so it makes it easy.

I finished what I am calling my Dr. Seuss longies. They are so cute!! Now I need to start on some more. Trying to figure out what I should go to next. Erica (or anyone else) do you know of a good sweater pattern for crochet?

Monday is Dermatologist for me and then a blood test so I can get my port remove or be de-ported. Oh and my MIL who just left on Sunday is in the hospital (as of yesterday) due to pneumonia. I don't get it but at least both of my boys are alright.

ETA here are the longies:

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 10-05-2013 at 09:52 AM.
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 10:27 AM   #55
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs
Nathaniel likes to be held all the time. Doesn't like daddy much so it has to be me. Normally naps and bed time are on me. So me having time to do anything without N strapped to me are rare. Right now he is in his carseat having a nap. However he sleeps well at night because we co-sleep.

Sorry about the arm Katie! I am lucky that I don't need any hormones till I am done breastfeeding. Do you think I can breastfeed till N is 10? No chance of pregnancy so it makes it easy.

I finished what I am calling my Dr. Seuss longies. They are so cute!! Now I need to start on some more. Trying to figure out what I should go to next. Erica (or anyone else) do you know of a good sweater pattern for crochet?

Monday is Dermatologist for me and then a blood test so I can get my port remove or be de-ported. Oh and my MIL who just left on Sunday is in the hospital (as of yesterday) due to pneumonia. I don't get it but at least both of my boys are alright.

ETA here are the longies:
Love the longies.

Are you on ravelry? That's a good spot to find patterns. I can check for you in a bit. I made a cute cardigan crochet several years ago out of a book pattern.

Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #56
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Katie - Ouch!!! I am on the mini pill atm but mainly depending on spermicide which has worked for us in the past.

Jennifer - Cute longies!!!

Tried to shovel my walks this morning and gave up part of the way through. I figure I will try some more later. I wish dh was here to help me.
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #57
amykins
Registered Users
seller

We have lots of snow, too. Lost half the limbs in our trees...not going to have a shady front yard anymore. . We were supposed to have friends visiting this weekend, too, but that didn't happen with the storm. Feeling a little blah- it's not supposed to be winter yet!
amykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #58
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Amy - Sorry about your trees. I only have two sticks in my front yard. Our neighborhood was built starting in 2002 our house 2005 and in Wyoming that means we won't have real trees for another 6 years.

Today is game day so over to my parents to watch football with my dad. I am glad to get out of the house today since we have been trapped here for two days now. I am not a good homebody.
Old 10-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #59
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Amy - Sorry about your trees. I only have two sticks in my front yard. Our neighborhood was built starting in 2002 our house 2005 and in Wyoming that means we won't have real trees for another 6 years.

Today is game day so over to my parents to watch football with my dad. I am glad to get out of the house today since we have been trapped here for two days now. I am not a good homebody.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #60
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Swag with me! Bing it!