Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-15-2013, 07:12 AM   #21
cuddlebunny_24
Registered Users

Apparently the person I spoke to last week did not want to do their job. I called back yesterday and they overnighted a pump to me and I just have to send the old one back! If they did their job last week I would have had the replacement sooner. But at least medela made it right.

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #22
AngelElle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have no idea if you actually can do this, but on mine they would only cover a medela pis but I had to have a freestyle because of my job. So on mine I was able to buy it outright at walgreens and then get partially reimbursed. Covered most of it, but of course I still had to pay some. I filed the claim myself. They didn't really offer it as an option but I asked specifically and they said yes. Fwiw I've heard great things about ameda and almost got one
AngelElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #23
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Insurance Company pumps

I wonder what reason I could give them to say that because of work I NEEDED the medela instead... that would be awesome
Old 10-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #24
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

SO EXCITED! I called Harvard Pilgrim back to see if I could look out of state for a vendor who carrier Medela and they said yes... and gave me some more place to try. I found a place out of Boston who only carries the medela pump in styles and are willing to ship it to me... so for $15 I get what I really wanted... YAY!!!

I figure I will have DP call to have it shipped once im in active labor and it will either be waiting for me when we get home or be there a day or so after we get home! WOOHOO!!
Old 10-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #25
lisaranae88
Registered Users
seller

Got a medela from my insurance but found out the insurance only covered like half...after I had ordered it and they sent me a bill. If i didn't have my HSA and could use that money I'd be alot more upset.
lisaranae88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:37 PM   #26
weazieann
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swrlgrl105 View Post
Ameda Purely Yours...there are some ok reviews but the majority hate it and say the motor has a loud grinding noise and the suction isn't so great.
This is the one my insurance sent me and I've had no issues. It works great!