Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-19-2013, 11:26 PM   #21
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Scheduling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerpeachee View Post
Have you tied lecithin to help decreased blocked ducts that could lead to mastitis? It's worked wonders for me. I think you should nurse very often for the first 4-6 weeks at least. After that you can easily fall into a routine.
Yeah, unfortunately I quickly found that my last DS was highly allergic to SOY when I started taking it haha. I will probably try it this time to prevent hoping that this babe won't be allergic!

Advertisement

athlete wife to B and Mama to M 11.06 G 03.08 S 05.11 ^#4^
Cautiously expecting #5
www.littlesmithsgrowingup.blogspot.com
Mirasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #22
gingerpeachee
Registered Users
seller

Is there soy in sunflower lecithin?
Old 10-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #23
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerpeachee View Post
Is there soy in sunflower lecithin?
Oh sunflower? I did Soy lecithin- that's what everything said to take. Where do you get sunflower???
Cautiously expecting #5
Old 10-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #24
Mirasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow i just looked it up! I had no idea you could use either! I wish I would have known this before! Maybe I could have prevented a lot of ABX use!
Cautiously expecting #5
Old 10-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #25
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teexie
I'm not trying to be confrontational, and I very well could be reading that wrong, but there are so many other hunger cues that come before the hunger cry, so why wait til baby is truly upset from hunger? Obviously it is unavoidable from time to time, but doing all feedings this way? Everything I have ever read about BF says baby will not nurse as well when upset. I'd think a baby who was thriving on a schedule would be relatively content before feedings.
I don't mean that I wait for that every time but when you have a toddler running around who also needs attention and you know the babe has just eaten an hour ago, they are most likely not hungry and are just fussing because they are tired, etc. if I fed him every single time he fussed I would do next to nothing else.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:52 AM   #26
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirasmom
Thanks for the positive comments. This is our fourth baby, I have tried it all. I have size G boobs which doesn't make for sling feeding. I have plenty of milk and have never suffered from low supply. I make small babies, it has nothing to do with my breast milk. And as for block feeding causing problems, I ALREADY get mastitis about once a month when offering both sides, so I'm not sure there could be any MORE complications than what I already deal with when nursing. I was actually thinking that perhaps block feeding would DECREASE this because it would more completely empty the breast. Not sure. I still don't know for sure if I will even do it. I have WAY oversupply in the beginning and then get mastits and then it regulates. It's awesome let me tell you. (No I do not wear underwire (or even a bra when I am inside my house), no I do not tummy sleep, yada yada.) I do think that the 1.5 hour intervals between feedings become a habit and a WANT not a need from some babies, as I witnessed from both boys after a certain point. While that may be doable for some moms, this mom of 4 can't do it again. My other kids suffer. At this moment I'm just trying to gather info and get experiences from other moms. I appreciate the resources and the comments
This is exactly what I meant. Baby is not hungry after an hour and a half most of the time. He just wants attention, is tired, wet diaper, etc. feeding every 1.5 hours is exhausting when you have a million other things going on.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #27
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASahm View Post

I don't mean that I wait for that every time but when you have a toddler running around who also needs attention and you know the babe has just eaten an hour ago, they are most likely not hungry and are just fussing because they are tired, etc. if I fed him every single time he fussed I would do next to nothing else.
Okay, thank you for explaining. I was reading what I quoted wrong.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #28
mamaspice
Registered Users

Since my last baby I learned that babies sleep on a 90 minute schedule so they may be showing sings of tiredness instead of hunger. Try starting to soothe/rock/babywear/car ride about 70 minutes after waking and see if they will go to sleep. If other soothing doesn't work or baby is showing clear hunger signs, go ahead and feed.

Block feeding helped me regulate supply in the beginning. I did 2 hrs per side.

ETA: My dd was gaining well and having foamy green poo (sign of oversupply) when I did the bock feeding. She was also going through a growth spurt and pretty much nursed constantly during those two hours.

Last edited by mamaspice; 10-20-2013 at 10:41 AM.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote