Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #21
Bellaroo
Registered Users

Re: Will I ever feel like I am done having children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaof2cuties4ever View Post
Okay, what if you WANT another one but dont think you can have one I just dont know if I physically can handle it with all the heart medication adjustments and issues I have... So this is probably it and I just dont want it to be... I have no desire to adopt/foster (dont know why, just not me).
It would be foolish for us to have another for multiple reasons, including medical.

I don't suspect I will ever be 100% okay with it. Some days, depending on where I am in my cycle, I handle it pretty well. Other days, not so much.
I am actually considering moving on from DiaperSwappers and moving to something a little less child/baby focused because on the bad days it really doesn't help to be here.

Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #22
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

I feel very done. Before dd2 was born I felt incomplete. Now it's definitely no more kids. Dh had a v when she was 5 weeks old and we don't regret it at all. I feel that if we are meant to have another child then we will no matter if one of us is fixed or not.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #23
babyike2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I never wanted kids, but ended up having my son when I was 18 and my mindset changed. I thought 2 would be it and now I have 4 I thought I was done after my 3rd but even now with a cranky 2 year kid and 8 month old I want more!!! It saddens me to watch the itty bitty stage fly by. I have had 4 mc's though, so I think this why I always have that want...

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 10-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #24
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: Will I ever feel like I am done having children?

I think for some it doesn't. It totally happened for me. I have four kids and my "baby" is 7 and I have NEVER gotten the feeling again, even when my sister had her first set of twins 3 years ago and then her second set of twins 2 months ago. Never.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:24 PM   #25
keysersoze
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We want one more, can't conceive naturally, endured six failed ivf cycles, and are now grappling with whether one more ivf cycle is worth trying or not. We may foster/adopt in the future, but won't do so out of birth order, so we'd wait until ds2 is older. We don't feel done; we feel our family is incomplete, so we feel kind of stuck in limbo. I would expect to feel done at some point, but its been 6 months since our last failed cycle, and I don't feel any more done than when we started our first cycle.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #26
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

I wondered this too. After ds1 I wanted one more, then wondered if two more. But ds2 is 6 mo and I am done done DONE. I'm not really a baby person though. I like older (school age) kids so I am ready for the next stage of life. Ready to be done with diapers, bottles, etc.