Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #11
uncertain
Registered Users
seller

I like my Phil & Teds, but don't love it. Reason being, if the kid in front gets out, the whole stroller tips over backwards due to the weight of the kid in back no longer being balanced, and the poor kid in back goes crashing to the ground. Has happened waaay too many times to me, argh!

Advertisement

uncertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #12
Nerissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Double/Tandem Stroller Suggestions?

if you are doing a lot of walking--long distance/off road than I suggest a side by side double stroller. i had an instep one and loved it.

For a in-line one my favorite easiest to push is the Graco Ready to Grow. I love it for malls, festivles, zoo, paved places.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:27 PM   #13
mskalinin
Registered Users
seller

We have a City Mini GT, LOOOOOVE it. It is super easy to fold and unfold (just grab the two handles on the seats), it reclines almost flat so good for teeny tiny babies. I put our car seat's newborn insert in the stroller seat and my son was very comfortable even at only 4 weeks old. But you can actually buy a thing that will accommodate the bucket seats if you want (at least I think so), seems kind of expensive though. We never used the infant bucket seats, so this wasn't an issue for us.

The wheels are airless "forever" tires and are super durable. The thing goes off road really well. The shocks are good, the handle bar adjusts for different height pushers. The stroller turns on a dime, and the balance is great even with two drastically different sized kids in. My 2 year old is over 30 lbs and my baby has been in it since he was about 10 lbs, but we have had no veering problems.

The basket is a little tight to fit things into, but its roomy once you actually shove things in there. I wish it came with a parent console, but you can actually put a water bottle down between the two canopies, and this is fine for me. Speaking of which, the canopies are great, they come down really low and have two peep holes.

We got ours very gently used from Craigslist for under $300, I loooove this stroller, seriously. Oh and it fits through standard doorways, so even though its side by side, its not suuuuper wide
mskalinin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:59 PM   #14
rmy82
Registered Users

Thanks everyone for all the input! I was assuming the side by side style would be too awkward for most doorways and shopping Isles... But it sounds like most of you have no complaints about day to day shopping with them. I was a little concerned about how maneuverable the front to back style would be, and the fact that most designs seem to prevent one child from seeing, which sounds problematic. I'll do some more research with all this info in mind now, Thanks again!
I'm also starting to wonder if I might end up doing more of a combination baby wearing of the new born and stroller for the toddler while running errands... I have and Ergo and just bought a nice second hand ring sling...
It sounds like the side by side might be better for long walks and trails, which is what I enjoy most now about having a jogging stroller. Decisions, decisions...!
rmy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 03:27 PM   #15
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmy82 View Post
Thanks everyone for all the input! I was assuming the side by side style would be too awkward for most doorways and shopping Isles... But it sounds like most of you have no complaints about day to day shopping with them. I was a little concerned about how maneuverable the front to back style would be, and the fact that most designs seem to prevent one child from seeing, which sounds problematic. I'll do some more research with all this info in mind now, Thanks again!
I'm also starting to wonder if I might end up doing more of a combination baby wearing of the new born and stroller for the toddler while running errands... I have and Ergo and just bought a nice second hand ring sling...
It sounds like the side by side might be better for long walks and trails, which is what I enjoy most now about having a jogging stroller. Decisions, decisions...!
I didn't get a double for awhile because I planned to mostly baby wear. Then it was 100 degrees and my baby hated being worn until 6 months old anyways.

Side by side fits great. Most doors have to be atleast 36in for wheelchairs. Just look at the dimensions on amazon - the strollers are usually 32-34.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #16
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://www.peppyparents.com/servlet/...troller/Detail Thought I would share this deal. BJ city select with second seat for $500.